Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Downpipe/Flexpipe Interchangability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downpipe/Flexpipe Interchangability

Hello,
    I am the owner of a 91 Accord Wagon, I know, not exactly a CB7 but close enough. My flex pipe has been leaking for the past year, its gotten pretty bad though so I figure its time to replace it. I called partsource and they said they can only get one for an LX model, I've got the EX-R.
    I've read that the o2 sensor is on a different spot of the exhaust, the guy said the gaskets were different.
    So my question is, can you use the downpipe interchangably between the DX, LX and EX models? and what about between coupes, sedans and wagons?
    Also, what are the differences if you cant?

And, Honda wantws $268 for the flex pipe, partsource wanted $32, thought im sure gaskets are extra. But I was looking on Ebay for the downpipe and stumbled across incredibly cheap headers/downpipe. Item # 300230622238 for example. Just how shit are these? I don't really care about performance, my main concern with it would be longevity. I've read a bit on these forums and most people seem to bash them.. but it doesn't seem most people have tried them, so I'd prefer people with first hand experience. I've also read that you get alot of valve noise through the thiner metal, is that something you can definetly hear?

Thanks, Chris

A DX or LX has a 4-1 manifold meaning that the manifold goes straight from the 4 ports to 1 singe pipe and the o2 is on the mainfold.

On EX and SE the manifold is 4-2-1 meaning that the manifold goes from 4 ports to 2 ports down to 1 port. and the o2 is on the down pipe insterad of the manifold.

Your's is a EX-R wich in the states is considered a ex. So you will need the 4-2-1 diesign or just get a megan racing header. They are a good replacement part
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Oh alright, perfect answer. The megan racing header is 190, i was hoping to spend a little less than that.. Does anybody know the quality of that ebay item I mentioned in my first post? And also, as for the coupe sedan wagon thing, will the exhaust all line up the same? Thanks

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=011
        that should do it
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Wow that one you posted is really cheap. I'd be worried about that.

I've bought headers w/ A-pipe off eBay before for the same reason. I can't find the seller I bought from, but it was essentially the same as the one you posted, except for $80 and it was ceramic. It also came with a "2 year warranty"...seeing as the seller isn't around anymore, it's not much of a warranty.

There is a little bit of rusting on the header pipes, as to be expected I suppose. It's been on since December and I haven't noticed any problems with the important stuff (welds and flex pipe) or any increased noise. Maybe I haven't noticed a difference in noise because my exhaust leak was so damn loud!

Anyways, if I had to, I'd go with the auction below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91...m310056796309&

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_B View Post
            Hello,
            I am the owner of a 91 Accord Wagon, I know, not exactly a CB7 but close enough. My flex pipe has been leaking for the past year, its gotten pretty bad though so I figure its time to replace it. I called partsource and they said they can only get one for an LX model, I've got the EX-R.
            I've read that the o2 sensor is on a different spot of the exhaust, the guy said the gaskets were different.
            So my question is, can you use the downpipe interchangably between the DX, LX and EX models? and what about between coupes, sedans and wagons?
            Also, what are the differences if you cant?

And, Honda wantws $268 for the flex pipe, partsource wanted $32, thought im sure gaskets are extra. But I was looking on Ebay for the downpipe and stumbled across incredibly cheap headers/downpipe. Item # 300230622238 for example. Just how shit are these? I don't really care about performance, my main concern with it would be longevity. I've read a bit on these forums and most people seem to bash them.. but it doesn't seem most people have tried them, so I'd prefer people with first hand experience. I've also read that you get alot of valve noise through the thiner metal, is that something you can definetly hear?

Thanks, Chris
            Partsource you say?
            Canadain i see.
            Try and find something in the AUTO VALUE line. The 4-1 header downpipe was 90-ish, where the 4-2-1 downpipe was about 148 (this is my staff cost, so it may be a little more)

Part source is the wost place to go, they offer no warranty on that kind of stuff.
            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

thanks for the replies guys, i like the look of the chrome one there.. does anybody know if it will fit a wagon for sure?

Comment

as long as you have an f22a motor, it should fit fine.

Comment

i wouldnt trust those cheap ebay headers the welds might be weak look into a meagan or DC header

91 DX F22A1 w/ CAI

Comment

Working...
                  X