Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Massive Oil Leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive Oil Leak!

This is PISSING ME THE HELL OFF. I changed the oil and oil filter on the car last month, it hardly leaked much oil other than there were always drops ready to drip from the main seal/timing belt cover.. nothing big though.

After the oil/oil filter change now it leaks like a BITCH. It's coming from around the oil filter area, and I'm not sure what the fuck is going on! I've put on two filters now, both Fram. I'll start off with it relatively loose, it leaks. I'll keep tightening with the car on and it's still leaking! I'm almost at the point where I can't tighten it anymore. What a fucking nightmare!! It's leaking nearly a drop of oil per second and my exhaust is COVERED in the shit. Imagine how much it's smoking at stop lights, and how often I have to keep topping the POS up. What the shit! Wherever it's coming from it's from around the top of the oil filter, I think. Somewhere above the oil filter. I can see it run down both sides of it.

get a new oil filter..maybe you got a faulty one? i dunno

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

your gaskets might be torn out.

Comment

did ya lube the ring of the filter before putting it on?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Isn't there a sensor above the oil filter that can leak like the OP described?
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            I did that! On both filters. I'm on my second one and it's STILL leaking. What's this about a sensor on top of the oil filter? The oil pressure sensor.. Can those leak? How can I check it? I tried visually checking, can't see anything much, and looking through the cracks of the intake mani from above all I can see it a bit of oil on top of the filter.

Comment

get under there & check that

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                Are you supposed to lube just the ring side that's going to make contact with the engine or are you supposed to take the ring out and lube both sides??

Comment

oil pressure switch

i changed both on both of my cbs, changed the one on my sisters cb and changed the one on my moms cb

they all leaked

its $5 from honda

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                    oil pressure switch

i changed both on both of my cbs, changed the one on my sisters cb and changed the one on my moms cb

they all leaked

its $5 from honda
                    How do you go about changing this then? Such a tight area.. is it hard/involved?

Comment

Originally posted by jay92889 View Post
                      Are you supposed to lube just the ring side that's going to make contact with the engine or are you supposed to take the ring out and lube both sides??
                      just a little bit of oil around the filters oil ring. & dont tighten it too hard or youll snap the ring loose

Comment

Just the side to the motor. Am I mistaken when I say isn't there an oil cooler on there too...? I haven't looked in soooo long. That could be the problem if there is. just $0.02

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

Originally posted by jay92889 View Post
                          How do you go about changing this then? Such a tight area.. is it hard/involved?
                          take the oil filter off then you can get your hands in there

then cut the boot that covers the switch with a razor blade, careful to not cut the wire that is attached to it

unhook the wire

then loosen the switch with i think its a 27mm socket

and when you install the new switch use some teflon tape on the threads so it seals good

Comment

Originally posted by HybridKyle View Post
                            Just the side to the motor. Am I mistaken when I say isn't there an oil cooler on there too...? I haven't looked in soooo long. That could be the problem if there is. just $0.02
                            I have a '90 Ex, so those just had a plug there instead. The plug is below the oil filter though anyway. =]

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                              take the oil filter off then you can get your hands in there

then cut the boot that covers the switch with a razor blade, careful to not cut the wire that is attached to it

unhook the wire

then loosen the switch with i think its a 27mm socket

and when you install the new switch use some teflon tape on the threads so it seals good
                              Oh wow, fantastic directions. 27 socket though? That's pretty big.

Guess I'll have to try and grab one..

Is it possible that my oil switch is just loose and needs to be tightened further?

Comment

Working...
                              X