Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Changing brake master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing brake master cylinder

my brake master cylinder is going bad and i have never changed one before so i wanted to get a little info.
    F22B Swapped CB7

I need 2 know 2...Im keeping my eyes on this Thread

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

you need to start by trying to remove the most brake fluid for the reservoir. use a needle or rags to suck most of the fluid out so you dont make a mess.

use a quality 10 mm line wrench to loosen both brake lines, just break the loose do not remove them just yet.

use a extension, ratchet and a 12mm socket to loosen the brake master cylinder. remove both nuts. and unplug the sensor in the cap of just put the cap to the side.

now remove both lines and pull the master cylinder out.

bench bleed your new master cylinder. install it just reverse order of up top. tighten both lines and bolts.

now its time to bleed the brakes.have someone help you

start with the furthest from the master cylinder. and work your way in to the closest. top off fluid as necessasary and keep doing till you get a firm pedal.

hope that helps, if anything that you don't understand anything from above the google it or better yet, buy a helms or haynes manual from you local auto parts
      Members Ride

Comment

i can change it for Whatever but the Bleeding part is something i never done or have NO clue how to do it =(

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7 View Post
          use a quality 10 mm line wrench to loosen both brake lines
          Most important right there...
          Get a LINE WRENCH!
          If you round out the brake line you're screwed!

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
            Most important right there...
            Get a LINE WRENCH!
            If you round out the brake line you're screwed!
            Yes a lot of emphasis on this. please don't use the shitty autozones ones.

Craftsman work very well for the prize
            Members Ride

Comment

i feel ya...

i might get someone that knows how to do bleed em for me..
              and watch how they do it and learn =)

Comment

thanx for the help...il let u no how it goes
                F22B Swapped CB7

Comment

Working...
                X