Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lower radiator hose is cool, upper is hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower radiator hose is cool, upper is hot

EDIT

Jumped the harness, bigger fan came on. thinking the coolant temp sensor is bad. Will replace it tomorrow.

Do I need some sealant to install it?

is one fan working normal? I mean the other is for when the AC is on right?

I feel a slight drag on the main fan, it doesn't spin freely, is that normal? or should I lube it or something?

Finally, what controls the temp gauge inside the car? It's not the temp sensor on the upper radiator hose is it? because that's what's bad but the car has been showing normal this whole time.
    Last edited by Mjfan12; 06-23-2008, 09:42 PM.
    1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
    ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
    OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

How is your temp gauge?

Because its suppose to be cooler at the bottom because that coolant has ran threw the radiator.
    wat?

Comment

have you blead the system?
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

My temp guage reads normal, never overheats according to that.

Ii have not bled the system, I really need to do that this weekend. I hear this causes a lot of issues.
        OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

Comment

my friend has an accord also, a 91 LX. He says his fans dont come one when the car is off. He sez hes got coolant flow through both hoses.

Comment

the fan comes on when the car is running though. what exactly would causes this?

Comment

fans arent working even if on, I let it idle for 5 minutes and it was 80 today and nothing. I probably do have some air in the system, but I dont know if it would cause this.

Comment

the fans should only come on when the engine gets too hot.

i once let the engine run for at least 25 minutes while idling and the fan(s) never came on once and the guage never went to overheating.

Comment

Thermostat is dead. Get a Nippon brand (if you can find) or OE Honda.
                  Fans sound normal.
                  Lower hose should be cooler, but still painful to the touch after the thermostat is opened. It takes probably ten minutes of idling for thermo to open. Make sure it is fully hot. If the thermostat hasn't opened when the fans run, then you have a problem. Anyways, good luck. Later.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

get a new thermostat or your waterpump is gone

Comment

its not the thermostat
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I have been driving it like this for at least 2 months, so if the water pump was shot, than wouldnt I have huge problems?

I mean the car drives fine, it;s just concerning me that the fans no longer come on and it may overheat. It hasnt so far though.

I wil bleed it asap and see if that helps. Where is the bleeder valve exactly?

and I leave the rad cap off, turn the car on, loosen the bleeder bolt, wait until a steady stream of coolant cimes out and then tighten it up, fill up the rad, and close the cap?

Comment

bleed the system, possible air bubble(s)

also check and see if u have a free flowing radiator, possibly clogged or not flowing correctly, easy to do.

drain the radiator @ the drain and then see if water flows through it as you fill it up, if it trickles then its either u have a clogged radiator or u dont have the drain open wide enough.

air bubble sounds more likely though. if you dont know how to bleed the system its easy.

make sure the car is cold, open the 12mm (i think) bolt on the thermo-housing and pour coolant into ur radiator. then as u get a solid stream of coolant out of the bolt close it. easy as that.

if i missed a part or anyone wants to add n e thing else feel free!!

Comment

Check your thermostat and fan switch.
                            Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                              How is your temp gauge?

Because its suppose to be cooler at the bottom because that coolant has ran threw the radiator.
                              I CONCUR!!!

just replaced my thermostat yesterday, now my fan dont run after turning engine off due to engine not being as hot as it used to. my fan used to run everytime i shut off my engine. my temp gauge used to be 80% to HOT/RED, but after my thermostat replacement, its at about 1/2. my lower hose is always cold/warm, but my upper hose is always burning hot.

it should be normal. dont worry about your fan coming on if it is not "close" to over heating.

Comment

Working...
                              X