Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23??

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/730725333.html

for 100 dollars.can't beat it.but what are the benefits of a h23?i kno its non vtec...but that doesn't really matter to me.so are they any good?is it better then my f22a?and will it bolt up to a f22a tranns?

spoonsportsaddict

the H23 has 160 hp and about the same in tq, its a nice motor, but imo honda should of tuned it to run on 87 octane. and yes everything will bolt up fine.
    Last edited by NorcoAccord; 06-28-2008, 02:11 AM.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
      the H23 has 160 hp and about the same in tq, its a nice motor, but imo honda should of tuned it to run on 87 octane. and yes everything will bolt up fine.
      I run 87 octane in my H23, no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman View Post
        aight sweet.so my auto f will bolt up and run fine??

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

I am pretty sure your suppose to run 91, does your motor knock at all?

Click Me

Comment

I am pretty sure your suppose to run 91, does your motor knock at all?
            No knocking. I used 91 once and didn't notice any difference.

Comment

No knocking. I used 91 once and didn't notice any difference.
              seeing as how gas is right now..i'll be using 87.if something happens then i'll run 93.so will my f22a4 auto trans bolt DIRECTLY up?no modding?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                seeing as how gas is right now..i'll be using 87.if something happens then i'll run 93.so will my f22a4 auto trans bolt DIRECTLY up?no modding?
                bolt in no problem

Click Me

Comment

bolt in no problem
                  how do you think it'll hold up with the h23??would i be better off getting a h22 5 speed or maybe a f 5 speed?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                    how do you think it'll hold up with the h23??would i be better off getting a h22 5 speed or maybe a f 5 speed?
                    I say stick with an f 5 speed better fuel economy and slower acceleration, h22 faster acceleration not the best on gas (about a 2 - 3 mpg diff).

Click Me

Comment

I say stick with an f 5 speed better fuel economy and slower acceleration, h22 faster acceleration not the best on gas (about a 2 - 3 mpg diff).
                      but my f22a auto will be fine right?it wont tear it up or anything?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

yup the f22a4 trans will be fine no problems.
                        -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

man i wish i lived out there id buy that for 100 bucks thats one hell of a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by brianh1290 View Post
                            man i wish i lived out there id buy that for 100 bucks thats one hell of a deal!
                            haha i know!i'm prayin to god that shit isn't sold already

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Yea bro the h23 is pretty much a direct drop in swap. you can use all the accessories. The f22 p.s pump and bracket are different but can be used. the line will rub the hood tho. Can't remember about the belts sorry. Exhaust works. Ecu can be used but you def wanna get a h23 ecu asap. You will need to wire in the knock sensor. Other than that its pretty easy.
                              O and word of advice bolt the motor and trans together b4 you put it back in and put it in together as a whole assembly. Its a pain to get the f series tans to bolt up to the h. Its touchy pretty much wants to be perfect to go together
                              Previous cb7members ride thread
                              86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Working...
                              X