Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord 2dr cp brake rotors!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord 2dr cp brake rotors!!!!!

1st things 1st this is a awesome site and I cant wait to be more involved!!!

OK so here's my problem! I have a 91 honda accord 2dr cp and my front rotors are warped I think because when I brake med to hard the wheel shakes alot. So I decided I was going to change out the pads and rotors and well there's my problem!! I cant seem to be able to get the rotors off. I used to own a 89 accord 4dr and the rotors look completly different. Does the 2 dr have a different setup and if so should I be having a shop do it? I really needed new brakes so I put on a nice set of ceramic pads. I only hope my old rotors arent eating them up! Can anyone help

if you check the diy section, you'll find some threads with methods to removing the rotors

for example:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=rotor

Comment

if you feel like upgrading, there's an OEM big brake kit you could do on your car. Instead of putting standard, run of the mill accord rotors which might warp again.

Vigor Rotors, Calipers and Pads and you can reuse your stock lines if you'd like if they're in good shape. I did this upgrade about 3 months ago and drive my car pretty hard....no fade or warpage yet.

I just figured it would be wise to upgrade now, since your considering replacing rotors and pads.

I spent about 100 on Brembo Blank rotors, 75 on performance Hawk pads....could use normal pads for 40 bucks if you want and normal rotors for 55/pair but I suggest those to take advantage of the better stopping, and 150 on new remanufactured Vigor brake calipers

So for 325, you could have 11.1 inch brakes, bigger pads and calipers compared to the stock accord size of 10.2 inches. I would HIGHLY recommend it...its bolts up just like stock, reuses all the same bolts, AND you can even use the factory 15inch alloy wheels, they'll clear I made sure of that. You just need a minimum of 15 inches though since the calipers are much bigger.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        if you feel like upgrading, there's an OEM big brake kit you could do on your car. Instead of putting standard, run of the mill accord rotors which might warp again.

Vigor Rotors, Calipers and Pads and you can reuse your stock lines if you'd like if they're in good shape. I did this upgrade about 3 months ago and drive my car pretty hard....no fade or warpage yet.

I just figured it would be wise to upgrade now, since your considering replacing rotors and pads.

I spent about 100 on Brembo Blank rotors, 75 on performance Hawk pads....could use normal pads for 40 bucks if you want and normal rotors for 55/pair but I suggest those to take advantage of the better stopping, and 150 on new remanufactured Vigor brake calipers

So for 325, you could have 11.1 inch brakes, bigger pads and calipers compared to the stock accord size of 10.2 inches. I would HIGHLY recommend it...its bolts up just like stock, reuses all the same bolts, AND you can even use the factory 15inch alloy wheels, they'll clear I made sure of that. You just need a minimum of 15 inches though since the calipers are much bigger.
        that's good to hear, i keep eyeballing those Vigor brakes at the PnP but i keep passing it up since it was missing a few bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          that's good to hear, i keep eyeballing those Vigor brakes at the PnP but i keep passing it up since it was missing a few bolts.
          lol, they do make replacement bolts at the acura dealer, if its not missing THAT many, you could just buy those and the calipers.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

yeah true, one side is laying on the ground with a missing bolt/pin that holds the caliper to the bracket while the other is ok.

Comment

Hi there

Any chance you could post some pictures of what the converted brakes look like with a wheel on ?

I'm guessing the caliper from a Vigor is only single piston....or dual ?

Also, I agree bigger brakes are nice but if we are putting all this time into upgrading, why don't we just buy cross drilled rotors too; Front/Rear for a Vigor.

Oh... the swap you are talking about... is that for a front AND rear swap? I have discs on the rear now....Vigor's are bigger rears too?

Just curious...

A

Comment

Originally posted by Taurians' Ryde View Post
                Any chance you could post some pictures of what the converted brakes look like with a wheel on ?

I'm guessing the caliper from a Vigor is only single piston....or dual ?

Also, I agree bigger brakes are nice but if we are putting all this time into upgrading, why don't we just buy cross drilled rotors too; Front/Rear for a Vigor.

Oh... the swap you are talking about... is that for a front AND rear swap? I have discs on the rear now....Vigor's are bigger rears too?

Just curious...

A
                Yeah the Vigor is single piston, but the piston diameter is bigger than the accord > therefore more clamping force. And yeah you could buy cross/drilled, but they're 154 a pair for EBC ones and they're not really drilled....believe me I tried searching for slotted ones such as Powerslot, but they don't exist unfortunatley. But the brembo's were only 40 a piece so i opted for those. Plus Brembos are top quality too. And no one's tried the rear vigor swap before but i'd assume they would work.

And the swap is just for the fronts only.

Here's the pics:

Pressing in the bearings

Old Powerslot rotors on the left, new Vigor's on the right.

vigor on bottom, accord powerslot on top.

all assembled

Look at all that round goodness behind my wheels.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                X