Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What Can i Do To The Car To Make It Faster?....Without Buying Anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of excess weight
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=weight
    Last edited by NorcoAccord; 07-15-2008, 11:40 PM.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Check out the stickied threads at the top of this forum, such as this one:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=65830

That should give you a basic idea of where you can begin modifying, and with a little more research and checking out the DIY forum, you should get off to a great start, even on a budget.

-Kenny
      MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
      Originally posted by deevergote
      i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

The only thing you can do is weight reduction.

Car modification is not cheap and not free.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

if you worked at a machine shop, you could mill the head but then you'd still have to buy the gaskets and so on.

run no air box
          steal your neighbor's dryer tubing, remove headlight and run it direct to your open airbox
          run open header
          put the a6 intake manifold that you have sitting in your room
          rip the balance shaft belt off
          advance your timing
          run two spare tires in the rear for less drag (might need to steal a 2nd one)
          ditch powr steering and a/c.

might as well throw out the alternator and jsut run off your battery but make sure you have a good friend that can jump you everyday.
          ditch everything in the car, dont even run seatbelts or clothes, it's too much weight.

deburr the entire block
          fluff the ports and combution chambers
          remove the 2nd compression ring for less drag but will need to be rebuilt every 200 miles
          cut out coke cans for an egr block off plate

thats all i can think of right now
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

gut the int and use a plastic lawn chair for a seat.
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
              Get rid of excess weight

Gut interior, take out audio speakers and head unit, remove A/C, and have the driver lose weight by exercising.

Comment

Go down the hill.......this is stupid tread
                It's not easy make it faster with some money and I dont see how it's possible
                to do that with out.
                even cleaning and some minor maintanance will need money

Comment

Just proper maintenance will keep your car running "faster" too. It was a night and day difference doing a EGR port service on my engine. I could feel the car breathing better during acceleration. It was ridiculous how much gunk came out...it was like the engine had mucus in it's throat it couldn't get out.

You can drill out the ports yourself and plug the holes yourself with a heat resistant sealant if u don't want to buy the oem caps.
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

find a friend that has a cb or a parts shop

and make better friends

Comment

have someone push you from behind. wow this thread is getting pointless lol. Who ask's these questions? of course you've gotta spend SOME money to get more power.....thats the conventional way of doing it at least. If you can't pay for mods how do you pay for gas? its pretty expensive tanking our cars up every 300-350 miles.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

the DIY airbox trick is great. almost as good as an aftermarket intake, and all you need are some spare washers/longer bolts.

and it sounds awesome.

you could unbolt your cat and bash it through with a broom handle, that might free up some ponies... not recommended for loudness and emissions
                        RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

diet! you can save money for real mods by doing that too!

Comment

In all honesty, Weight reduction is probably the only "100% FREE" way to "go faster".

Assuming you have all the proper tools or know someone who does and will let you borrow them, free of charge.

Remove all unnecessary pieces of the vehicle. Backseat, reardeck, EVERYTHING in the trunk, rear door panels, centerconsoling, glovebox door.....

Passenger seat???
                            Trunk Lid???
                            Sell Alloy Wheels(if equipped) for steelies???
                            Passenger Door Panel
                            Windshield Wipers???
                            Passenger Side Mirror???
                            Headliner
                            Carpet
                            AC/PS/CC

What you could do is, remove all the above items and sell them. Take what you get from that and buy other things like lexan windows and lighter seats.

Other than that, unless you own the machinery needed to do heavy engine work....thats about it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                            X