Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

5 speed blues.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 speed blues.....

I'm sad.... I changed the clutch master and clutch slave cylinders and I still have a dead pedal. Pedal hits da floor. I bled it and everything. Am I missing something. I need help!!!!!!!!
    I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
    Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My coupe!!!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
    Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

are u using steel braided lines or the hard line?

more than likely theres a leak on either the slave cylinder end or the clutch master end. Where u tighten up the threads usually thats where it leaks. check if theres any fluid near those area's if so then put thread tape on the threads and just retighten and bleed the slave again.

Comment

Thanx man.
      I've bled plenty of clutch slaves. But I never had this problem.

The clutch master was done perfect. No leaks. What's threads should I check? The threads on the actual clutch slave?
      My coupe!!!

Comment

on both ends of the lines goin to the clutch master and slave..i'd put thread tape on em and then tighten em up..it happened to my girls integra it was drivin me nuts cuz the pedal would get stuck to the floor w/out her noticing and she couldn't shift..i found her leak on the side of the clutch master and a lil puddle in the corner of the firewall.

Comment

I started 2 bug out! Cuz seeing my car in pain hurts me. Thanx 4 da suggestion man.
          My coupe!!!

Comment

Are you sure the piston of the slave cylinder is hitting the clutch fork correctly. I remember when we changed the slave cylinder in my old civic Si we had to take if off and reinstall it twice because the piston missed the clutch fork somehow. Went to bleed the clutch and had the same dead pedal.

Comment

When you were bleeding the clutch did you get pedal feel?

Comment

I bet you didn't bench bleed the master.

Comment

are any of your slide pins in the calipers frozen? i just checked my rears when i put new rotors on and the lower slide pins were VERY difficult to move. After I cleaned them up w/ 1000 grit sandpaper lightly rubbing it, then lubed it up, put new pads in. The brake feel changed dramatically.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    are any of your slide pins in the calipers frozen? i just checked my rears when i put new rotors on and the lower slide pins were VERY difficult to move. After I cleaned them up w/ 1000 grit sandpaper lightly rubbing it, then lubed it up, put new pads in. The brake feel changed dramatically.
                    bro hes talkin about his clutch pedal

Comment

try manually pushing on the clutch fork to make sure that all of the air is out try that it may work

it's what we did to improve my clutch
                      i am planning on putting new master and slave soon and I will do that again after the master / save is on
                      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                        try manually pushing on the clutch fork to make sure that all of the air is out try that it may work

it's what we did to improve my clutch
                        i am planning on putting new master and slave soon and I will do that again after the master / save is on
                        Sounds gud. When I get back from work I'm gonna do it.

By the way, I love your sig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        My coupe!!!

Comment

im having the same problem...

i replaced the master 2 weeks ago and i was still loosing clutch pressure.(having to put in fluid) i bolted up a new slave and i cant bleed the lines by myself, so im waiting for a friend to get here to help me do that. We'll see how it goes...

(i raced autox all weekend, could that be the cause to my problem?)
                          93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

It could also be that the clutch fork isn't on correctly. I've had a few of them fall off after I've gotten the transmission back on....A pain in the ass, but if you've bled the clutch lines, I would suggest looking in to this.
                            Last edited by LingLing; 07-21-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

JUSS WONDERING ARE U SURE UR BLEEDING IT RIGHT? I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,I CHANGED BOTH SLAVES,BUT PEDAL WOULDNT STAY UP CUZ I WASNT BLEEDING THE SYSTEM RITE..
                              Taking it one day at a time since my cb got stolen and stripped of my mods..

Comment

Working...
                              X