Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

? about thecb7's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about thecb7's

so im looking at buying this 93 two door five speed. my question is if it is a stick will the gauge cluster still have the gear indicator like an automatic?
    p
    r
    n
    d ect....

this seemed odd to me but im more of a cd guy with this being the first cb i ever been interested in.

Originally posted by porter351 View Post
    so im looking at buying this 93 two door five speed. my question is if it is a stick will the gauge cluster still have the gear indicator like an automatic?
    p
    r
    n
    d ect....

this seemed odd to me but im more of a cd guy with this being the first cb i ever been interested in.
    either they did 5 speed swap or they replaced the speedo
    try carfax they might be to tell you if there mi issues.
    that did the seller say about it ?
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
      either they did 5 speed swap or they replaced the speedo
      try carfax they might be to tell you if there mi issues.
      that did the seller say about it ?
      No swap.
      He just wants the cluster to indicate what gear he's in.
      (i.e. 1st, 2nd, thrid, etc.)

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
        No swap.
        He just wants the cluster to indicate what gear he's in.
        (i.e. 1st, 2nd, thrid, etc.)
        ahhhhhhhh okay I misread the post lol

sorry about that
        Last edited by sunburn; 07-30-2008, 03:13 PM.

Comment

no it dose not have the gear thing in it

if u need to no what gear ur in u dont need to drive a 5 spd

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
          96 lexus sc300 DD
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Originally posted by 93_f22aky View Post

it will let you know if your the wrong gear just listen to you motor and keep an eye on your shifter/tach

Comment

no

nope cause its manual ther is no park, drive non of that..

Comment

Originally posted by 93_f22aky View Post

x2
                hahahaha!!

classic quotable material.

im guessing he wants his gauges to read like his playstation.

no sequential gearbox available either....

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

to the guy who made me look like a dumass maybe u should read closer. is said i thought it was odd that it would have a gear indicator on a manual not that i needed or wanted one. to the guys that accuatally answered my question thanks. i think they did a cluster swap to change the miles, if i get the car it will be for 800 so idont know imight be able to aver look a few problems. what do u guys think the body is in decent shape. either the clutch or slave cylender is fucked up but it did seem to run fine

Comment

to the guy who made me look like a dumass maybe u should read closer. is said i thought it was odd that it would have a gear indicator on a manual not that i needed or wanted one. to the guys that accuatally answered my question thanks. i think they did a cluster swap to change the miles, if i get the car it will be for 800 so idont know imight be able to aver look a few problems. what do u guys think the body is in decent shape. either the clutch or slave cylender is fucked up but it did seem to run fine
                    You might wanna take it for a test drive first to make sure its still drivable before you drop $800 on it.

And I hate to be a mini-mod, but don't start flaming... Please...

Comment

Check for rust also in the rear quarter panels, its very common on cb7's. Like you said, they probly changed the cluster to a lower milage one without realising it is out of an auto. Sorry about the people talking about 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect. I think they're wasting space.

Comment

to the guy who made me look like a dumass maybe u should read closer. is said i thought it was odd that it would have a gear indicator on a manual not that i needed or wanted one.
                        Or, perhaps you should have worded your original post a little better.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

yeah they r a waste of space. i was also wondering what what a compression test sould read. i think im going to take one with me tomorrow and check that. it got rust but honestly i dont care. the reason i want to buy it is because i already have a h23 im, m2s4 tranny, 8lb fly wheel, delta 272 cam w/ skunk2 cam gear apexi ws2 exhaust and coilovers. all that came of my 94 lx which got wreaked in may. i just want this car to play around with for a while before i get another cd5 chassis and put an h22 w/lsd in it. plus this car is an ex and has a sun roof, and it only 800 bucks. shit the radio in it was like 300 dollars brand new.

Comment

idk anywhere from 160 to 200. Below 140 or so is bad pretty sure.

Comment

yeah they r a waste of space. i was also wondering what what a compression test sould read. i think im going to take one with me tomorrow and check that. it got rust but honestly i dont care. the reason i want to buy it is because i already have a h23 im, m2s4 tranny, 8lb fly wheel, delta 272 cam w/ skunk2 cam gear apexi ws2 exhaust and coilovers. all that came of my 94 lx which got wreaked in may. i just want this car to play around with for a while before i get another cd5 chassis and put an h22 w/lsd in it. plus this car is an ex and has a sun roof, and it only 800 bucks. shit the radio in it was like 300 dollars brand new.
                              Haynes says anywhere from 135 psi being minimum to 178psi being the standard, so i'd say around 170-180 would be good for an engine w/ a 100k+ miles on it.

But yeah you're lucky lol. An EX 2dr Coupe w/ a 5spd is pretty hard to comeby. But like the guys above said, check for rust on the rear quarters, you prob. already know that since CD's also experienced that issue. But that aint cheap to fix if you do plan on keeping the car for a longer time.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X