Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a4 swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a4 swap question

I am just wondering why few people have usdm h22's and most people have JDM h22's. The 5th gen USDM preludes have the same hp rating as JDM h22's, so why does everybody choose to impost jdm h22's??

easier because its obd-1. less mileage

Comment

what's obd1?? and if i could get a usdm h22 with under 50k mileage and if i could go inspect the engine before, would it be better to go usdm??

Comment

Originally posted by bikener View Post
        what's obd1?? and if i could get a usdm h22 with under 50k mileage and if i could go inspect the engine before, would it be better to go usdm??

obd-1 is the type of "computer" system thats used to run the motor. our cars being pre 1996 are an obd-1. its just so much easier to get the same type of motor instead of going through the hassel of converting.

it wouldn't really matter i guess whether JDM or USDM, but there are a few differences, but nothing that shoud really change your mind on buying, unless you live in state where you have to get smogged.

Comment

bump.. some more input on this question would be nice. I'm trying to figure weather to buy JDM or USDM. I can get a totaled 01 prelude with 51k miles on it for very cheap. Would this be a good h22 source for my cb7??

Comment

if you get a good enough deal on it sure. i'm going to be doing an obd-2 motor in my obd-1 car sometime soon.

Comment

I would buy the totaled prelude, then you can get other things from it like the cluster and the five lug swap, these are desirable parts to have or sell to others.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i got a h22a4 out of a 98 lude in my cb... i didnt have any problems putting it in my car.... things you have to do though

get 93-95 prelude injectors. "or use the 2001 injectors cut the clips to fit the f22 harness and get rid of the injector resistor box on the cb"

you probally got an enxtrenal coil on that 01... you need a obd1 dizzy if your cb is extrenal coil as well buy a 93-95 h23a1 dizzy bolts up and works fine

obd1 ecu "p13"

Plan on using the MAP sensor on the TB of the new engi....

other than that its a simple swap

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                Originally posted by deevergote.
                But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  I would buy the totaled prelude, then you can get other things from it like the cluster and the five lug swap, these are desirable parts to have or sell to others.
                  brake master cyclinder and booster

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

good to know you've done the swap, you may be getting a lot of PMs before i attempt mine, but i do have to get the motor first

Comment

got a question i have a 91 wagon and have bought a 01 prelude for the h22a4and am putting the parts together for it. what is a dizzy?
                      96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
                        what is a dizzy?
                        Distributor.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                          good to know you've done the swap, you may be getting a lot of PMs before i attempt mine, but i do have to get the motor first
                          I read that the jdm h22 have a open deck in the block for better coolingI think thats what I read not sure though its been like 6mo. since i read this

Marry Jane

Comment

Working...
                          X