Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

These is in regards to stupid muffler shops....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These is in regards to stupid muffler shops....

Ok, think I have found a place. Now to a question or two.
    1)How long of a resonator can we fit under our cars? I have a Wagon 93, so can this make a difference? I have looked at the exhaust setup post and seen some prettty wild setups.

2) Is there a difference between Glass packs and resonators? Are they used in loose context as to what they do or are people just lazy to their vocab. useage?

Is a Universal Borla Muffler going to be really loud? I got this off a guy for $70,
    so should I use it or get rid of it and buy a magnaflow or a flowmaster ......
    I am looking to have a mild setup, since kids will come into play in the whole scene of life here soon AND I don't want them deaf by age 3

Any info is so greatful.
    TIA
    -B
    S^2
    Running a 16yr old wagon and still loving it.

the money you spend on cheap quick muffler chop jobs will eventually equal the ammount you spend if you invest in a whole new system. trust me. save up the lil extra cause you will spend it on repairs from a crappy muffler shop.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
      the money you spend on cheap quick muffler chop jobs will eventually equal the ammount you spend if you invest in a whole new system. trust me. save up the lil extra cause you will spend it on repairs from a crappy muffler shop.

I agree 100% since I went for the cheeper setup and it cost me more in the end.

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Comment

yeh unless u have someone to get quality piping, and that can weld very well its not worth it...just get a bolt up kit, and ur good to go
        Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

ditto.

my muffler shop job was cheap, but had leaky welds and was raspier than a fart canned civic. (no resonator)

your call, man. It's simple math really.

stainless+mandrel>mild+crush bent
          '92 LX.
          JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

i guess it all depends on the shop cause i got 2.25 stainless steel wit a new cat and it works great, not to mention he's been in buisness for over like 25 years and specializes in old chevys

Comment

true that. if you dont have a recommended shop or one that u now of you shouldn't go with it. I have friends that work at tire and muffler shops and only go to them because of their experince and is family owned so i now how is doing it and what kind of quality im getting but its good to now how to weld like myself 2yrs doing it. it pays to know.

Marry Jane

Comment

as far as glass pack and resonator you dont want to get a glass pack those where for old car in the 60's there more like noise makers than anything thats why there called cherry bombs. A resonator is going to mufful the sound down. use a 18'in if you don't want it that loud

Marry Jane

Comment

Ive actually heard a video of someone that ran two 18" cherrybombs before the muffler and it was the best sounding exhaust ive heard yet. No raspy, fart can, rice noises. Just deep good sounding tones.
                  "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

I have a magnaflow catback an it sounds great no fart can sound at all just a deep tone!

Comment

i have a have myself and i had the same concern before he was born i guess it depends on the type of muffler u use cause i got one for maineke or midas, one of the two, i told them i wanted one that had a deep tone not that squeaky crap, so i had them weld it and i liked the sound it is very manageable, a few years ago i rode in a cd wagon accord and the guy had custom flowmaster exhaust and that was the best sounding system i have heard, but i would no have it in my car, his was automatic, so the entire ride was a constant deeeeep sound, when i got out my ears were ringing, i actually am contemplating on going back to stock, i have seen a few fast cars that fly quietly by, the guy that had my h22a in his prelude said that he killed a couple of fast cars and he had stock exhaust, and then there was this 240sx that was riding along with stock exhaust; i thought he was slow, since im used to seeing those cars with huge exhaust, so i speed up a bit and so does he, he slows down to keep up with me and all of a sudden i hear an ever so slight "swoosh" sound eveytime he shifted, i was amazed, (probably because i dont race) but i had never seen a boosted 240, with stock exhaust, but you can get like an evo cat back thats not that loud but they are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by maney77 View Post
                        i guess it all depends on the shop cause i got 2.25 stainless steel wit a new cat and it works great, not to mention he's been in buisness for over like 25 years and specializes in old chevys
                        it definitely depends on the shop, a good shop will not be afraid of working on any car. I took my Vega to a good shop on 3rd Ave in the Bronx and the guy put it up in the air and looked at it and asked me if i wanted it patched or make a whole new system. i liked the confidence in his voice.
                        for my 90 CB i got an Ebay header and the rest of the system from my old job (auto parts warehouse) and bolted it in. so far so good.
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I had a custom setup when I had my lancer.

Header - cat - 2.25 inch piping - 16 inch glasspack (resonator) - and a Greddy Evo2 muffler.

Only cost me $80 (except for the header and muffler) and it worked out great. Never gave me a problem. Just make sure you go to a good shop. Ask around. There will be plenty of people at car shows or meets that can tell you exactly where to go.
                          The sky is always bluer at the top of the windshield.

Comment

This is what an 18" glasspack sound like combined w/ a magnaflow muffler and greddy catback piping.

My New Magnaflow Exhaust Vid w/ 18" glasspack added in place of resonator: http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...xhaustclip.flv

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                            X