Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

c.c. don't work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c.c. don't work...

92 lx. My cruise control don't work. I've checked fuse,connection. Where does that rubber tube go to? is there a quick way to test to see if the c.c. "thing" works?

Originally posted by sc2dave View Post
    92 lx. My cruise control don't work. I've checked fuse,connection. Where does that rubber tube go to? is there a quick way to test to see if the c.c. "thing" works?
    your question is very vague my friend.

post some pics or something.

rubber tube. AKA vacuum line could be one a few that are involved with the CC system.

and the CC 'thing'?

which 'thing'?
    the switch? the vac. chamber? the CC controller?

be more specific bro.
    we are all happy to help but we need a little clarity.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

mabey something has come unconnected.

Comment

sorry. I believe it's the vac. chamber.there's a small black rubber line that comes off the side and is pointing down

Comment

hey dave i had the same problem with my cruise could not figure it out.. took me like a weeek then i adjusted my clutch switch and there it was i had cruise agian. it was showin the clutch pushed in and it wasnt letting me use the cruise. try that or the brake switch

Comment

If your speedometer doesn't work, your cruise control won't work.
            - Ghosty
            WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
            FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

speedo works,auto trans, all lights work. There is a rubber hose that's pointed downward and goes into the sheetmetal or body. where is that supposed to go to? Another small line is connected to the inake manifold.

Comment

that hose is supposed to go exactly where it's going, right out that hole. Is the vacuum hose on the back of it alright? Check it, and the fitting to make sure they are in good shape. Also unplug the vacuum hose and check to make sure it's drawing vacuum alright, it will be obvious because the idle will fluctuate. Look on the actuator, there's a little electrical plug that goes to the actuator, make sure it's plugged in all the way, and disconnect it and check the plug and socket for any defects, and make sure the wire looks alright. If you wanted to get in depth, you could break out a multimeter and test voltages when you hit set/resume and stuff and see if the wire has continuity. Hit the switch for the cruise control, make sure its lighting up ok. Also check the fuse on the inside kick panel, right by the driver's side door. It's hard to see and get to, but there's the little diagram on the inside of the door to help you locate the fuse.

If you check that, and it all seems to work, than chances are that your actuator is bad. Ask someone around here for one, or check the junkyard, the vacuum barb on my actuator was broken off, so i just got a new actuator for 25 dollars and all of my cruise control problems went away.
                Cars:
                91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                98 Accord LX Sedan
                95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Does the light come on in the gauges when you try to enable it and it just doesn't hold speed?

Stupid question, but did you make sure the crusie control button to the left of the steering wheel is on?

Comment

yup,checked that button.

Comment

Originally posted by rcdreamer View Post
                      Does the light come on in the gauges when you try to enable it and it just doesn't hold speed?

Stupid question, but did you make sure the crusie control button to the left of the steering wheel is on?
                      When I press my cruise control the light turns on but it doesn't hold speed. It worked a few weeks ago. Wat could it b?

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

dude im telling you i hada teh same problem, check teh switches that hook to the pedals. if they are the least bit out it will not let it hold speed.

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                          When I press my cruise control the light turns on but it doesn't hold speed. It worked a few weeks ago. Wat could it b?
                          Did you check the pedal switches like thatwhiteguy said?

Also check the cable between the throttle body and the cruise control actuator to see if it is seized or broken.

Comment

If you dont need it then save yourself a headache and take the shit out

Comment

Working...
                            X