Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo charge kit IS this to good to be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo charge kit IS this to good to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...=p4506.c0.m245

What's so good about it? It's cheaply made crap at a fairly high price.

Look up info on the "DSM turbo kit". I'd rather use old quality parts than new garbage.

And before you bother him, Accord R33 does NOT sell the kits anymore.

Comment

Glued on kits ftl.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Quality over quantity on stuff that could screw you over dude. sure go cheap on interior and looks, but when it comes to the heart of the CB, dont play. Its not worth it. Do it right

Comment

everything looks good. the only thing I can see wrong is the manifold and the turbo. It could be poorly made.

Comment

With those kits, just about ALL of it is poorly made.

You can try it... and put your money into tuning (no turbo kit can just be slapped on...) If it breaks, it breaks.

Still, a $1000 turbo kit means you're going to spend $2000 properly boosting your engine when all is said and done. Don't think that what you get in that box is going to be all you need. Tuning is the MOST important part, and there's nothing there to deal with that.

Comment

there is NOTHING "JDM" about it. If that's what you are going by. It's cheaply made china crap like Deev pointed out. Not worth it. Unless you are building a show car with 10 tv screens..in the engine bay alone, and the car is gonna get trailered around. It becomes a safety issue IMO.

Comment

A good rule of thumb is this: Anything on ebay that's marked "JDM" is USUALLY garbage. Quality stuff, unless it's an OEM JDM part, doesn't need "JDM" in the title to sell it.

Comment

its definately not worth 1000 bucks at all...i know my buddy put one on his acura, just about the same kit....it worked, it produced good boost and all just wont hold up very long...the manifold is actually not too bad and the intercoolers are ok, but the turbo and oil lines are JUNK!!!!!i also recommend going with a dsm setup....itll be chaper and way better parts..its all about the tune
                  Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    And before you bother him, Accord R33 does NOT sell the kits anymore.

I like this proactive approach

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i'll just continue to save up for the Treadstone kit, if only for this one thing:

Originally posted by treadstone
                      All turbos come with a 1 year no questions asked warranty
                      Srsly, doesnt get better than that
                      Cars:
                      91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      98 Accord LX Sedan
                      95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Or you could assemble your own kit for less... That Treadstone kit seems to have quality parts, which is good... but why bother paying some company to collect all the parts for you?

Comment

u guys will continue to rag on these kits. but at the same time who here has had experience with them? there was another thread in the beginners section that i posted light on this..

THE KITS ARNT BAD.. its how u look at it.. that makes em bad/cheap/crap to you guys..

most of the componets are just metal work anyway..

wg=piston style actuating valve
                          bov=piston style actuating valve
                          piping is piping however u look at it (sure it isnt stainless.. but it works)

the manifold WORKS and hasnt fucked up on us yet (NIGHTMARE has this kit) and the car is still running strong tuned by me at 12psi)

now.. that these kits have to be modified and tailored.. sure ill give u that

examples on damasos kit which brought

HUGE FMIC
                          t3t4
                          log manifold
                          wg
                          bov
                          turbo timer
                          oil catch can
                          oil feed
                          return
                          tbolt clamps
                          couplers
                          vacumn lines
                          vac tees
                          etc

things we had to do to his kit to make it fully operational

1.disassembly the hks knockoff and reseat the back seal/silicion it shut(bov know works perfectly and has awesome sound)

2.Wastegate had to be disassembled and wg spring replaced with a weaker one(10.00 part)

3.hack up bumper support for large ass fmic(this happens with everything thou)

4.make oil restriction using a ball valve with lever for the turbo

4a.ebay turbos arnt bad they just dont like hondas 80psi of presssure like some MHI turbos and Garretts are built to take.. so if u dont put a restriction they will begin to seep oil through their seals.. ive had plenty good experiences vs the bad with the ebay t3t4 and the ebay t70s... a good return.. and oil restrictor set around 35-40psi and their golden...

anyway.. i know it isnt HKS/GREDDY/TIAL.. but the shit does work for what it is...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

from experiance from another site (d-series.org) the following usually holds true.
                            • piping = poor quality. very thin wall.
                            • t-bolts/worm clamps = poor quality, stretch easily
                            • cast manifold = ok, just needs a little work to clean up some left over flash from the casting process.
                            • tubular manifold = craptastic! woot!
                            • turbo = hit or miss, can't trust the specs given, normally the turbine and compressor specs are backwards.
                            • intercooler = hit or miss, the ones that are good are just that good.
                            • wg = most require the inner spring to be removed to work correctly
                            • bov = bad in general

i have a link of a review of one kit by "jdmsports". it was completed by greg of Go-Autoworks.
                            Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
                            Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
                            No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

Working...
                            X