Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boost list WOOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost list WOOT

ok guys..need some help here.i know the general list of parts you need for turbo.but i'm not 100% sure..so i'm going to list waht i have.if theres something else i need please let me know

i have:

1g talon manifold
    14b turbo
    1g bov
    1g o2 housing
    14b oil line
    tapped oil pan
    chipped po6
    fmic
    fmic pipng

so what else do i need guys?

another thing.am i going to ABSOLUTELY HAVE to take out my front motor mount?
    Last edited by JDMchristian991; 09-30-2008, 06:12 PM.

spoonsportsaddict

So, I take it the EF isn't happening?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
      So, I take it the EF isn't happening?
      noo sir.boost is

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
        noo sir.boost is

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
          i have to get this parts list thing staight first though....any input?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

no real helpfull intput here,, except, you'd get more help outside of the beginner section...
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
              no real helpfull intput here,, except, you'd get more help outside of the beginner section...
              everyone can see/post in here so you have no input at all....

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

1g talon manifold
                14b turbo
                1g bov
                1g o2 housing
                14b oil line
                tapped oil pan
                chipped po6
                fmic
                fmic pipng
                -which oil line do you have? you need two oil lines for the turbo
                -a way to control the amount of boost unless you are planning on running the stock setting
                -couplers
                -custom downpipe
                -boost gauge
                -a tuner
                -i suggest a wideband with a gauge for extra safety if this is a daily driver

yes you will need to take out the front motor mount. IMO You should fill other mounts with urethane, but it may not be necessary if you aren't planning on making insane power. also check out chessboxer's DIY on a custom front mount

seems like you are almost ready to boost

EDIT: you also need the DSM "J-pipe" and you should get a good clutch too
                Last edited by rexload; 09-30-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                  -which oil line do you have? you need two oil lines for the turbo
                  -a way to control the amount of boost unless you are planning on running the stock setting
                  -couplers
                  -custom downpipe
                  -boost gauge
                  -a tuner
                  -i suggest a wideband with a gauge for extra safety if this is a daily driver

yes you will need to take out the front motor mount. IMO You should fill other mounts with urethane, but it may not be necessary if you aren't planning on making insane power. also check out chessboxer's DIY on a custom front mount

seems like you are almost ready to boost
                  just the stock 14b oil line,yesi plan on running it on stock psi,couplers i have.
                  downpipe how/where could i have that done?is a boost gauge a MUST?seeing as how i'm going to keep it on stock boost?d12crazy(sorry if i missspelt) is going to get my a basemap.then i am going to have it dyno tuned locally

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

450 cc injectors
                    93 SE sedan aka Green Lantern sold 3/14/05
                    93 10th Anni. sedan sold 10/16/06
                    92 Toyota Std Cab 4x4 sold 11/10/07
                    92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
                    94 LX Wagon
                    00 Odyssey LX
                    92 LX Wagon
                    87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4
                    H/FSAE (H/F Series Accord Enthusiasts)"A dying breed..."#19

Comment

just the stock 14b oil line,yesi plan on running it on stock psi,couplers i have.
                      downpipe how/where could i have that done?is a boost gauge a MUST?seeing as how i'm going to keep it on stock boost?d12crazy(sorry if i missspelt) is going to get my a basemap.then i am going to have it dyno tuned locally
                      I am not sure what the stock DSM line looks like, but you will need a pressure and a return line. Most people get the Stealthmode Performance turbo oil line kit http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com/

A boost gauge is not a must...but it is nice to know that your boost pressure is what it is supposed to be at all times. You can find a used autometer on ebay for cheap.

A downpipe should be done at an exhaust shop or you can make one yourself. IF you can weld, you could buy an aftermarket downpipe for 2G Eclipse GSX, and shorten it. It will work from what I heard.

Make sure the shop that is going to tune you is reputable and you should be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by 93 CB7 SE View Post
                        450 cc injectors
                        Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You will definitely need injectors. DSMs work well.

Comment

Im no boost expert but from what iv read the 14b will work but is a bit small for the f22...creates alot of heat or some shit

Comment

14b is nice because it spools quickly, just make sure all your parts are in good working order and get a nice intercooler and get a 3" downpipe and big exhaust if you can. 14b turbo is just fine and will last if tuned/maintained properly

Comment

Working...
                            X