Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tranny questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny questions

im tired of trying to get help that nevers helps . im tired of riding with no 5th. im going to do it myself. is there any pix on here to help me .please.my patience ar gone its been 3 week . thanx for any one who can help

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

so.. you've got no 5th gear and you want to repair your tranny yourself?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...++++SHIFT+FORK

according to that, 5th gear shares the same fork as reverse. hows your reverse? without more info, it could be that fork is bad, it could be 5th gear is dead or it could be something simple as your cables kinking up.

Comment

no i wqanna change it out i have an h22 tranny sittig in the back of the car . ive never done this before[mysely] i want to take the trany out and put the htranny in . at thia point the f tranny is out , and im trying to put the h trans in . now my ? is , is there an trick to get the tranny in the car

Comment

i think you need to tap two spots for the studs to bolt up to your mount.

theres a thread about tapping the prelude tranny to fit an accord.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=74780
        Last edited by Leung; 10-04-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

i've done all that now im at the point of installing it . i can get it in but it wont slide up to the motor . dos any one have an idea of why it wont mount up

Comment

Make sure the splines are lined up on the engine/transmission. Also make sure you line up the dowl(sp) pins.

Comment

is that all i have to do for the trans to fit

Comment

Do you have the trans out of the car already?

You will honestly save yourself a lot of time and money to just get a rebuilt tranny.... I have tried fixing manuals and automatics with horrible luck. And the damn parts that are worn that you need replaced will cost MORE than the rebuilt tranny or you have to make them yourself on a machine. If you know what you are doing you might be able to pop it open and see what is wrong and fix it.. but if not just get one with a warranty and pray it lasts half as long as your blown tranny now.
                AD5OS
                FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by ncoutlaw View Post
                  i've done all that now im at the point of installing it . i can get it in but it wont slide up to the motor . dos any one have an idea of why it wont mount up
                  i do know for sure that the spline count on the input shaft changes when you move from a f22 5 sp to a h23 5 sp. maybe the h22 uses the different spline count too. you could just use the h22 clutch assuming the flywheel has the same step if any and the same pressure plate bolt and dowel pattern. you would have to look at the total height of the clutch ass. after installed to make sure the throwout bearing is going to contact at the same point as well. i just ran into this situation with a customer and we rebuilt the unit out of the car to aviod the headache
                  96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS View Post
                    Do you have the trans out of the car already?

You will honestly save yourself a lot of time and money to just get a rebuilt tranny.... I have tried fixing manuals and automatics with horrible luck. And the damn parts that are worn that you need replaced will cost MORE than the rebuilt tranny or you have to make them yourself on a machine. If you know what you are doing you might be able to pop it open and see what is wrong and fix it.. but if not just get one with a warranty and pray it lasts half as long as your blown tranny now.

He's asking how to get the H transmission on. Not how to rebuild.

Comment

it may be easier to have a cherry picker hold it from the top then the transmission jack from the bottom. ive always done it from the bottom but i want to say it may be easier if the transmission is propelled instead of propped.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

sorry I misread your post... I thought you were going to tear out that H series trans and try to fix it.
                        AD5OS
                        FOLDING@home

Comment

It did seem that way from the first post (not that it made all that much sense in the first place...) it was clearer later on.

Comment

Working...
                          X