Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

pros and cons of stock air intake with changed cone filter and an actual sri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pros and cons of stock air intake with changed cone filter and an actual sri

hi I was wondering the differences and things alike with the home made short ram with stock tube and a generic sri purchased for our cars? what are the pros for both and the cons....so its homemade vs. real sri

why not just get a smooth pipe & put it between the stock filter box & TB.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

well right now its just a low on money kinda thing...so i was wondering...i know it would look nice if i bought an air intake but i wanted to know the pros and cons about them before i do anything first....this would be very educational as well.

like iknow i would gaine some mpg with the stock tube and cone. but idk if i get any power for any of them. and etc... if u mknow wat i mean

Comment

Originally posted by blueACCORDex View Post
        well right now its just a low on money kinda thing...so i was wondering...i know it would look nice if i bought an air intake but i wanted to know the pros and cons about them before i do anything first....this would be very educational as well.

like iknow i would gaine some mpg with the stock tube and cone. but idk if i get any power for any of them. and etc... if u mknow wat i mean
        I got my CAI for like 40 bucks off ebay. it came black with a by-pass filter and i love my intake.
        My cb7

h22a
        5-spd lsd
        Lord, grant me the serenity
        to accept the things I cannot change,
        the courage to change the things I can,
        and the wisdom to hide the bodies
        of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

thanks for the information but i would kinda like the statistics kinda thing on the sri...because im afraid of installin the cai kinda...haha...cuz well just cuz im lazy....and the DIY short ram is kinda simple and less time...right now...thats all..so im just wondering if someone whos had both...or knows about them...

Comment

Go DIY short ram with autozone filter. $25, DONE.

I drive an auto rated for 19/26, I was getting 23 combined, now with DIY ram air, I'm getting 27.5 to 29 MPG COMBINED so my highway mileage shot way up, from about 25-27 to low 30s.

My car is 100% stock, with the exception of the electrical system.

Best mod I've done for mileage in these times of crazy gas prices.
            90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
            DIY ram intake
            0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
            stock alt rewound to 120amps
            optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
            fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
            2004 Jeep Liberty v6
            2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

okay i guess i can try it out and hopefully gain some improvement...hehe and also how do you clean/relubricate the filter?

Comment

the K&N filters have a cleaner and an oiling kit for sale seperate. there are instructions on how to use it in the box.

I was thinking of getting one of those AEM Dryflow filters and not have to worry about over oiling and then have it traveling down my tubing.

Comment

haha true btw does the oilling kit able to beused on every type of filter? if u know..

Comment

i'd imagine you could use the K&N oiling kit on any filter that requires oiling since it's readily more available at autozone.

Comment

mm okay yea..i think im gonna go out and buy a filter soon/today like now...haha...well in a few mins..

Comment

I have an AEM dry flow filter, I love it. Put it on and go. Well, every once in a while, you have to hit it with the air compressor, just to clean it

I had the stock tube on with a filter on the end of it, it was loud and growly. I'd say, go for it

Comment

It IS louder, but still not that bad.

Stock tube + filter will deliver better MPG. As for performance, I see SOME but if I wanted PERFORMANCE, I'd go cold air intake.
                          90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                          DIY ram intake
                          0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                          stock alt rewound to 120amps
                          optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                          fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                          2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                          2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

so yea i got it installed and now i hope it does well as everyone says it does...haha

Comment

yeah you gotta love that sound on cars when they just get a sri. and that does it for mpg more over all air going into the sri. more surface area. some of it is hot air though. id go cold air honestly. itll be the best MPG and performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X