Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Turbo Swap Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Turbo Swap Question...

i just need to know if i would be able to get a stock h22, and put an STS turbo system on it with stock internals without breaking anything...

im kinda new to the whole cb7 thing...so go easy on me if this is a stupid question...

id be running it about 6-9 psi about 40 mile roundtrip everyday

Originally posted by blakexcore View Post
    i just need to know if i would be able to get a stock h22, and put an STS turbo system on it with stock internals without breaking anything...

im kinda new to the whole cb7 thing...so go easy on me if this is a stupid question...

id be running it about 6-9 psi about 40 mile roundtrip everyday
    its gonna need built internals for reliability.

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by civickiller View Post
      alright.
      thanks man,

any reccomendations for that?
      like, what companies would you buy from?

Comment

Originally posted by civickiller View Post
        no it wont. it'll just need a damn good flawless tune. don't spread false information.

higher compression ratios are less forgiving if there is a tuning error, that doesn't mean they cnat be turboed in their stock state.

i'd like to see an STS turbo kit made for this car. show me a link because i doubt they make one.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
          no it wont. it'll just need a damn good flawless tune. don't spread false information.

higher compression ratios are less forgiving if there is a tuning error, that doesn't mean they cnat be turboed in their stock state.

i'd like to see an STS turbo kit made for this car. show me a link because i doubt they make one.
          Flawless is the key word in this post. The H22 wont forgive any mistakes when going turbo.

To the OP, you mention that you are new to CB7's are you new to cars and turbo engine builds, if so I would recommend learning more about the H22 engine so you can anticipate problems that might arise with the project, you wouldn't want a 40 mile daily driver to shit on you one day.
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
            Flawless is the key word in this post. The H22 wont forgive any mistakes when going turbo.

To the OP, you mention that you are new to CB7's are you new to cars and turbo engine builds, if so I would recommend learning more about the H22 engine so you can anticipate problems that might arise with the project, you wouldn't want a 40 mile daily driver to shit on you one day.
            im definetly not new to cars or engine builds, but im new to cb7's and h22's.

ill do some research

&btw:
            the sts kit is universal

Comment

I don't know much about STS applications, but they probably don't have a system for our car, meaning that you need custom made charge-piping and manifold. Also I don't know what they include in their packages, you might end up needing a whole bunch of parts that weren't included. As far as boosting an h22, it's not a problem. My car has been boosted for 2 summers now and at first there were some issues to fix, but it runs perfectly. But yes a good tune is what is important...make that a conservative tune and find someone that has experience tuning h22's, because stuff can happen with any boosted car, but you do have to be a little more careful with the h22. Also make sure you have a healthy engine before doing anything to it. You can check out my member's (click below) and you can see all the parts I use, and if you have any questions just pm me

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

thanks guys!

id be getting the stage 3 system
                http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_system

Comment

can you honestly give a reason to go with a STS kit?? i mean ya the turbo relocated to the back is nice for the fact you wont have to run a FMIC... but you will have to run a secondary oil pump, piping down the whole length of the car... and also there is no specs on the turbo... assuming this is just a "universal kit" doesnt mean jack shit.... that turbo can be way to big and there is no way in hell your gonna be able to spool that at a very efficiant rate...by the time you spool the damn thing, you will run out of RPM's and you will do some damage theoretically...

your best bet is to honestly piece together your own kit..... it will be a hella cheaper, more efficiant, best bang for the buck and made for your application....

plan and simple... to be a tard and get a STS kit

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Buck View Post
                    your best bet is to honestly piece together your own kit..... it will be a hella cheaper, more efficiant, best bang for the buck and made for your application....
                    That's very good advice.

Additionally, the H22 has very high compression for turbo. It's doable, as mozzandherb's car proves, but people are right about the tune. If you're driving 40 miles a day, and this is your daily driver, a boosted H22 is NOT a good idea. That's a long bike ride if you blow something up.

The F22A is much more forgiving, and can make plenty of power on stock internals. It's also a lot cheaper to replace if you blow it up.

I don't know why everyone feels they have to swap in an H22 to make a worthwhile turbo engine. The F22A is actually much better suited to it (as far as Honda engines go, anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      The F22A is much more forgiving, and can make plenty of power on stock internals. It's also a lot cheaper to replace if you blow it up.

I don't know why everyone feels they have to swap in an H22 to make a worthwhile turbo engine. The F22A is actually much better suited to it (as far as Honda engines go, anyway)

F22a1 FTMFW!!!!

thats what i plan on doing.... keepin the stock F22 is by far the best thing since sliced bread (well maybe idk)..... i mean the F22 is a stout motor to play with, and they have alot of potencial.... hell check out Super Street, they are doing a motor build off with all sorts of other magazines and they chose the all mighty F22a1 for there platform to build off of... iam honestly curious to see how it turns out ... muhahahahaha....

i mean if your gonna be like that typical high school kid that wants a honda and vtec then you should just be shot in the head now... there are so many other great honda motors out there to build off of... Honda knows there shit!!! perhaps thats why they are the number 1 engine builder out there lol....

but seriously... look what other ppl off this forum have built with a low to a high budget.... shit id say if you spent $700 you could have a wicked setup... start out with the F22a1... get a DSM turbo setup (were talkin the 14b, dsm bov, 1st gen turbo manifold, 450cc injectors, and a TUNE) and you could make easily 200hp on 8-9psi... wanna get even more crazy??? well get on the bandwagon and start researching.... there is alot of great info on this board and iam always finding new stuff out there.... but i cant reply on there threads yet lol....

Comment

Bisi Ezerioha, who is doing that build in Super Street, is a member here. Bisimoto. He has a Member Shop, and sells some absolutely amazing parts for the F22A

Comment

ah yes thats the name of the guy haha... (i bought an issue of SS and only read the one page artical and i couldnt remember his name)

but iam glad to see the guy is on this site, he knows his shit!!

Comment

Correct me if im wrong, but i think that with the already high compression of the H22(I think around 10.5:1 or so) and then running 6-9 pounds of boost, your going to have detonation running on pump gas. Thats just from what I know from other engines, if this ones different let me know might change my future engine plans.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                            "The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

You can do it on 91-93 octane, with a proper ECU tune (ANY turbo setup should have a proper tune... the high compression H22 just has less room for error)

Comment

Working...
                              X