Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

! Oil On My Spark Plugs!...help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

! Oil On My Spark Plugs!...help!!!

i went to change my spark plugs and i saw oil on the plug...it WASN"T just a little bit, it looks like the plug was dipped in oil. i checked the other ones and they had oil on them to. I haven't felt or notice any different in the way it drives.i need some advice. what do i do to fix the probelm before it gets worst?

I had this same issue but it was only on one of my plugs. I bought the valve cover gasket set for like $20 bucks at auto zone and replaced the seals in the kit and it fixed my issue try that first, good luck

Originally posted by Juice21
    thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
    Originally posted by GameChewer
    Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

same thing happened to me. it was all the plugs tho and one of them was really bad like it was half way full. i got a new valve cover seal because it comes with the spark plug seals, new spark plugs, and new spark plug wires. but i put these on after i sprayed some carb cleaner(alcohol-based) in the holes then pumped everything out of the holes.

i checked the plugs like a week later and they were clean as a whistle

Comment

Yup, a valve cover gasket set will fix your problem, make sure you get that cleaned up before slapping the new parts on.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

I had this issue with my 1993 Accord. Honda apparently doesn't sell a 'valve cover gasket set/kit' but the guy in the parts dept. at the local honda dealership knew what seals/gaskets were needed and put them all together for me. I bought the valve cover gasket, spark plug tube o-rings (upper and lower set) and also the rocker arm seals. The rocker arm seals were the main source of the leakage.

I would personally never use seals/gaskets outside of OEM... I've seen and heard of too many problems with leaks returning shortly afterwards. Honda seals/gaskets are the only way to go if you ask me.
          1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
          F22
          116,xxx miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
          A20
          177,xxx miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
          4.5L V8
          70,xxx miles

Comment

so if i do the valve cover gasket,what's going to happen to the oil that's down there?

Comment

Also the longer i wait could this damage anything

Comment

so if i do the valve cover gasket,what's going to happen to the oil that's down there?
                it will stay there... get a pump to get it out after u fill it up with some type of cleaner. if u get a valve cover gasket from autozone, it comes with the outside seal, the plug seals, and another 4 o-rings that i dont know what they go to. but i didnt put on those o-rings and oil isn't getting in there.

edit
                Also the longer i wait could this damage anything
                will after i fixed everything the car ran alot better, but i dont think it will do any damage.
                Last edited by ali954; 10-27-2008, 01:03 PM.

Comment

its going to go in the cylinders and burn off when you start the car

Comment

Originally posted by zazzo View Post
                    its going to go in the cylinders and burn off when you start the car
                    not unless you take your spark plugs out. you could take them out intentionally to get all the oil to drop into the cylinder, but i wouldnt advise it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=tube
                      later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Thank you TypeG! That needs to be stickied.

And to clearify, the oil is from a valve cover gasket leaking, not something from the engine internally, like the cylinders. This oil sits in the tubes, and the most it does is cause missfiring and make a mess, and maybe ruin the sparkplug wires.
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
                        X