Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Canadians - DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadians - DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Hey CB7tuners,
    My DRL module is not functioning (ie DRL light is on dash, when car is in motion) and I saw there was a possible quick fix by soldering "cold" joints on the module.

I have read this article http://www.nyx.net/~smanley/hondadrlfix/index.html which in essence is a good write up.

I have a couple of questions though, is there any possible way I can remove the module without taking down the driver's side of the dash?

Also, I am not any kind of electrical engineer / electrician... what does a "cold" joint look like, and how do I identify it?
    Pictures will surely help....

regards

I don't remember removing much let alone the dash to get the module out. It's a bit awkward taking the module off the metal hanger but you can always just unbolt the whole thing. Sometimes I just take a flathead and pry the board out and just leave the housing in the car.

And to answer your other question, it's hard to describe but you'll see a "ring" within the solder. Just picture a smaller O inside of a O. Either way, I resolder EVERY joint. That way, you are guaranteed a solid connection on every joint and won't have any problems for a long time.

Comment

So, when you pry it out, how hard is it to put it back in its original location?
      I tried to pull it out all of yesterday, I am able to get it to slide up (trying to unhook it) but cant get it off the hook....

Comment

Happened to me to. It's like it's banging on something, and you can't quite see it coz of the tight space. I have to look into that again...

Comment

I never bothered removing my DRL module.. I used a screw driver to take the plug out and ziptied the new one under the dash...

I did the same to the main relay.

Comment

I wonder if anyone has managed to get DRLs to work with HIDs.

Comment

I want DRL's were can i get them? lol
              Click Here
              1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
              1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
              1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
              2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
              2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

Comment

Originally posted by f22Trini View Post
                So, when you pry it out, how hard is it to put it back in its original location?
                I tried to pull it out all of yesterday, I am able to get it to slide up (trying to unhook it) but cant get it off the hook....
                No, it's not hard at all. You just need to disconnect the plug, stick a flat head in one side, pry it out slightly, then pry the other side out. There are 4 tabs on the housing. You just need to push it out so the main board/lower plastic cover can slide out. You are basically doing what the how-to guy is showing you in the second pair of pics but inside the car instead of on the desk.

After you are done soldering, just slide it back in and the tabs will lock the main board in place. I did the same thing for the main relay.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                  No, it's not hard at all. You just need to disconnect the plug, stick a flat head in one side, pry it out slightly, then pry the other side out. There are 4 tabs on the housing. You just need to push it out so the main board/lower plastic cover can slide out. You are basically doing what the how-to guy is showing you in the second pair of pics but inside the car instead of on the desk.

After you are done soldering, just slide it back in and the tabs will lock the main board in place. I did the same thing for the main relay.
                  Hey,
                  I'm going to try what you said hopefully this weekend, but AFAIK, my DRL module is positioned in a way that the board that slides out of the box is blocked by my dash, Im going to push it upwards a bit (like if im trying to unhook the whole box) and see if I would be able to get enough clearance(from dash) to remove the the board. I will let you know if this works....

Comment

Originally posted by f22Trini View Post
                    Hey,
                    I'm going to try what you said hopefully this weekend, but AFAIK, my DRL module is positioned in a way that the board that slides out of the box is blocked by my dash, Im going to push it upwards a bit (like if im trying to unhook the whole box) and see if I would be able to get enough clearance(from dash) to remove the the board. I will let you know if this works....
                    If you can't get enough clearance from the dash to make this work, there are 2 bolts hidden behind a couple plastic covers when you open the door. Pop those off, and take the bolts off. This'll allow you to pull the dash out an inch or two and maybe get the module out.
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

^^ Yeah I'll try that as well...thanks...

Comment

Working...
                      X