Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 intake mani ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 intake mani ?'s

im planning on getting a h23 intake mani but have a few questions. i know im going to need the pt6 ecu (correct?) but will the f22 throttlebody bolt right up or should i get a h23 tb? is there more gains with the h23 tb rather than the f22 even if the f22 bolts right up?

also will the injectors and fuel rail and all from the h23 intake mani work with the f22 head?

and will the f22 icv and all those idle parts fit the on the h23 IM?

thanks

1.im not sure if the tb's are interchangeable but im know that the iacv is.

2. you dont neeed that ecu to run the h23 intake mani. from what ive read all the ecu does is make ur car run lean. youll gain hp but lose gas mileage so i suggest u keep the stock ecu.

3. keep ur f22 runners and add a spacer for more hp. check the diy section for instructions on dis.

hope im correct on dis. i was plannin on puttin 1 in ma acccord b4 it got totaled. good luck

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

With the h23 IM, you'll need the pt6 ecu, to run the secondary runners. The h23 intake manifold, is nearly the same as the f22a6's, but the plenum's bigger, which is why people just throw the h23 plenum onto the a6 lower manifold. Keep the h23 throttle body, it's a 1/2" bigger than the f22's. Bigger hole + more air bein' pulled in = Better. And yes, all the parts will fit, and work on the h23 intake manifold. I think the only difference, is the coolant lines. But there's a DIY around here somewhere of someone who did it. But....most people throw the h23 plenum...onto the f22a6 manifold, so I'm really not sure.
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

1.im not sure if the tb's are interchangeable but im know that the iacv is.

2. you dont neeed that ecu to run the h23 intake mani. from what ive read all the ecu does is make ur car run lean. youll gain hp but lose gas mileage so i suggest u keep the stock ecu.

3. keep ur f22 runners and add a spacer for more hp. check the diy section for instructions on dis.

hope im correct on dis. i was plannin on puttin 1 in ma acccord b4 it got totaled. good luck

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

imma be doing this soon too, i have my h23 runners already. do i need to support this somehow? >.>
          91 ex sedan
          And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
          Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
          sold to: Agol

Comment

ok answers because there are some posts i just cant understand (grammar ftw)

1. an f22 throttle body will not fit, but everything else will (IACV, air-boost, etc).
            2. if you have them, use f22a6 runners, they are shorter and provide more torque.
            3. if you have it, use the f22a6 ecu, but you dont need it, especially if you gut the plate (take the butterflies out).
            4. you cannot use the h23 plenum on f22a1 or f22a4 intake runners.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm using the h23 manifold on my f22a4 and haven't had any problems.I do have the throttle body and removed the butterflys.I am using the f22 injectors.lost a little bottom end but past 4000 rpm it screams

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                ok answers because there are some posts i just cant understand (grammar ftw)

1. an f22 throttle body will not fit, but everything else will (IACV, air-boost, etc).
                A F22 throttle body will fit on a H23 intake manifold. So will a D series and a B series throttle body. The only thing that is different with the F22 throttle body is the FITV. On the H23 the FITV is on the throttle body and on the F22 its on the intake manifold so if you put the F22 throttle body on the H23 intake mani, you will not have a FITV.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
                  A F22 throttle body will fit on a H23 intake manifold. So will a D series and a B series throttle body. The only thing that is different with the F22 throttle body is the FITV. On the H23 the FITV is on the throttle body and on the F22 its on the intake manifold so if you put the F22 throttle body on the H23 intake mani, you will not have a FITV.
                  This may be stupid but with using that manifold and the f22 tb will that mess anything up not having the fitv?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                    This may be stupid but with using that manifold and the f22 tb will that mess anything up not having the fitv?
                    would like to know also...so basically the best hookup for an intake mani would be f22a6 runners with h23 plenum gut the butterflies use pt6 ecu and h23 throttlebody?

is that right? thats what i got out so far

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                      It wont mess nothing up. The FITV just makes it easier to start the car in cold temps.

Originally posted by 91project View Post
                      would like to know also...so basically the best hookup for an intake mani would be f22a6 runners with h23 plenum gut the butterflies use pt6 ecu and h23 throttlebody?

is that right? thats what i got out so far
                      If you gut the butterflies, there is no need to get the PT6 ECU. The PT6 opens the butterflies so if you are taking them out, just get the P12. It will add some HP. The rest of your question is correct.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                      My member's ride

Comment

i already have the p12 so im set. but is there a gain to gut the butterflies or no?

Comment

also how much do h23 intake mani's go for?

Comment

i already have the p12 so im set. but is there a gain to gut the butterflies or no?
                            If you Have the P12 already then you have to gut the butterflies. Actually you can hook up the IAB valve to straight vacuum but its really not going to do anything. The PT6 keeps the butterflies closed at low RPM so you have better torque and then it opens the butterflies up at a certain rpm for more HP in the higher RPM range.

also how much do h23 intake mani's go for?
                            Call up some junkyards in your area and see if they have any. I know of people that paid as low as $20 at a junkyard for them.
                            Last edited by AbsurdNY; 11-05-2008, 11:53 PM.

My member's ride

Comment

if i left the butterflies in and the p12 ecu would that keep them open or closed all the time?

also is the h23 tb 60 mm?

what is the f22a1 tb?
                              Last edited by 91project; 11-06-2008, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X