Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best fitting wires s? ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best fitting wires s? ??

Im just wondering which plugwires would be best for the dough ?

There are 2-3 different type of of ngk wires for out cars. I just want some feed back on them . My current wires suck

can't beat new replacement wires. cheap and get the job done just fine. i know advance and i think autozone have lifetime replacement warranties on their wires. i think they're only like $15 too!
    96 mx-6, needs work...
    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

NGK blue wires are the best. I forget the exact measurement but i think the blues only come in one size. cheap wires often arent insulated properly and will offer increased resistance. its not a huge deal but i definitely noticed that my car idled and ran more smoothly after the blues. and i got them quite used

Comment

where there any fit ment issues with them? MY current cheap wires dont *click* into place and try to seat way to soon.

Comment

srsly, i'd say go to autozone or advance or anywhere you can find lifetime warranty wires. you should replace them fairly often anyway, so why not spend $15 now and get them for free for the life of your car? it's the way to go for real. doesn't matter what problem you have with them, you could have them for like 6 months and then you can just make something up and bring em in and they give you a new set.

(and you shouldn't have any fitment issues. they're stock replacements. fairly universal, but they'll only be off by being an inch longer here or there)
          96 mx-6, needs work...
          91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

i think ill spend the additional 15 bucks and pay for NGK blues or OEM replacement wires. the "cheap" wires that are being sold at Autozone are 40 dollars not exactly a bargain deal.

Comment

Story time!

When I bought my CB it had some generic plug wires that didn't fit on the plugs at all. If I drove to the store and came back, I would have to pop my hood and push the wires back on. They stayed on the car for maybe a week.

Then I took the car to my mechanic (I was young and this was before I did all of my own mechanic work) and he replaced them with NAPA brand. After about a year they started to do the same thing, lucky for me my mechanic lived two houses down from me and I was able to get a complete refund on them (YAY!). I took that money and bought NGK blues and have been running them ever since.

NGK blues get my
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

i ordered some wires from summit racing and they didnt fit at all and the boots pulled off one. returned them and got some ngk blues and havent had a problem at all go with ngk if you want aftermarket.

Comment

I just bought a set of NGK blues from Advance. I took the 3 month old bosch's off and threw them in the garbage. They fit perfect, and only like 58 bucks for the set.
                  My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

ngk blue wire are the best i've seen yet. so are the plugs (as far as oem replacment goes)
                    Bosch suck.... really bad, i've had to warranty many sets.

oil resistant
                    the don't swell in the plug hole ( unless you have leaks)
                    they fit all oem clips
                    availble in external or internal coil sets

look great , even 40k later
                    Last edited by cb9wagon; 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM. Reason: can't form sentances
                    96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

NGK's All day that all i run with
                      Save a lot of headaches later.
                      Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                      Be a man. Grab on the crank pulley with one hand, hold some chloroform over the air filter and "Shush it to death".
                      Originally posted by Accrdkid
                      Hey did you earn your Red Wings? Red Wings being you muffed dived that coochie and tasted copper and got the red mustache.

No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you. "ユメクイ"

Comment

NGK Blues or OEM both are prob the best out there. Both are capable of sustaining 500whp and more from others running OEM. So unless your making over that I dont see the use in spending the extra money for other wires.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Would just getting new OEM wires give me much of a performance increase? I still have the originals in there

Underground.Society
                          Originally posted by Deevergote
                          If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

I have MSD wires. Their good but over priced. think I paid around $90. I would get NGK next time. Mine started to come loose so I got some pliers and made the ring tight, havnt had problem since.
                            NEW PSN
                            H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                            RIP

Comment

Getting new wires will give you performance increase but not in form of horsepower or torque. Old wires deteriorate and will weaken to handle continious spark. There are times that the wires will be done and the spark will run everywhere making the car sputter at times.

New wires will be a good purchase since they are new and will handle continious spark until they will start to deteriorate after many years.

NGK and Sumitomo (OEM) are good parts. Denso is still way behind , I tried their Denso First-Time-Fit wires and the coil wire went dead after 1 month making my ignition coil melt the plastic connection. However the 4 spark plug wires are still great.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                              X