Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Still having having engine issues! :~{

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still having having engine issues! :~{

so i finally got the engine to make a sound...but its not a good one

anyone know what my problem is now???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3xBfPDoRU
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM.

thanks. how did you get it to work?? i loaded it like 5x???

Comment

what type of car is that again?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

What year is your car? Have you changed the timing belt recently? If so it sounds like the cam timing is out and the valves are hitting the pistons.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Looks like no compression.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by RonRacer View Post
            thanks. how did you get it to work?? i loaded it like 5x???

Copy and paste the "Embed code/link" inbetween the 2 [YOUTUBE] tags.
            Last edited by Father Time; 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

its a 97 honda accord V6.

Comment

Originally posted by RonRacer View Post
                its a 97 honda accord V6.
                i could be wrong because i'm not too familiar with the V6's (re.. hate), but was that the timing belts or the drive belts that were slipping?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

My bets on no compression or timming belt!!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                  1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                  1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

so how do i check/fix my compression??

Comment

at about 2:58 into the vid, you see a belt loose kinda half-assed spinning. You even mentioned that it looks like it's rubbing or something. BTW, that is your timing belt and there may be some more serious issues besides just putting the belt back on right. It almost sounds like there is some kind of metal to metal contact somewhere. It's hard to tell from the vid, but perhaps the cam gear is not on properly or there's some other issue that made the belt come off in the first place. Good luck!

My Accord History:
                      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Alright, I watched it again closely starting at the 2:55 mark or so....Did you notice the cam gear sliding freely in and out from the head? It's possible the cam bolt just broke or it's possible the cam itself is snapped. Judging by how it almost symetrically goes out, in, out, in I'm guessing the cam is broken or if you're lucky, it's just a bent cam gear. That motor is not going to run any time soon until you take care of that!!! There may still be other problems, but that is what is completely obvious based on your video.
                        Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 12-04-2008, 02:00 AM.

My Accord History:
                        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

I agree with acclude there is something going on with that cam gear or the cam. Is that the stock cam? You need to pull that valve cover. I hope the valves aren’t hitting the pistons that would be really bad.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

yea...the conciseness is that my timing is way off. so i gotta pull it out and reset everything back to TDC

Comment

Ronracer, your problem is exactly what Acclude was talking about. First, check that the cam gear is on tight...if it is on nice and cozy...you got a broken cam, and no compression, and just the cam gear is rotating, but not the rest of the cam under the valve cover. Take the valve cover off and find the break. Chances are, you are going to need a new head as well. Something seized up, probably lack of lubrication, and caused the cam to break...check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X