Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swap questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap questions..

hey peoples...well im planning to swap my 91 accord to a newer version accord such as the f22b1..so any of you guys know if its possible to keep the power steering and a/c or do i have to do some modifications??

Why the F22b1 if I might ask? You get it cheap or do you just want the gas saving VTEC?

You should be able to keep the A/C as for power steering, I believe it uses a different line. (line fits different on the pump than a F22A)
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
      Why the F22b1 if I might ask? You get it cheap or do you just want the gas saving VTEC?

You should be able to keep the A/C as for power steering, I believe it uses a different line. (line fits different on the pump than a F22A)
      well its cheap..and its almost the same as my lx engine so yeah..

Comment

f22b1 is like installing an h22. but its a garbage motor. your f22a is better. if you dont need another motor dont waste your time with the f22b1. just stik to the f22a

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
          f22b1 is like installing an h22. but its a garbage motor. your f22a is better. if you dont need another motor dont waste your time with the f22b1. just stik to the f22a
          its a wast of time and money no good i would save and get F22b better way to go i was goning to do the same thing but after i thought ab it its a bad idea...it only givs you like 5 or 10 more horses
          kiss my grill
          Members Ride

Comment

f22b1 gives you 145hp instead of the 140 from the f22a6. the head design sucks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
              f22b1 gives you 145hp instead of the 140 from the f22a6. the head design sucks though.
              not enough of a difference to warrant the swap. just stick with the f22a that came with the accord you have unless your in need of a new engine and have the f22b1 readily available at no cost or very cheap

My Members Ride Thread
              Originally posted by deevergote
              You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

people see vtec and thinks its an upgrade

Comment

so how come the f22a engine is better than the f22b1 engine??

Comment

Originally posted by kenjin View Post
                    so how come the f22a engine is better than the f22b1 engine??
                    Head ports/flow is way more advanced, its actually almost identical to the s2000's design, or so I've heard.
                    wat?

Comment

ohh thats kool then...so will a stock 91 accord lx win against a stock 96 ex??

Comment

Working...
                      X