Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay turbo kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/ Look at their turbo kits for our Accord. I think it's a good price for what you get. At least their turbo are not crap!

Comment

turbonetics turbo. not a bad kit. not cheap but if you want to save the trouble of putting your own kit together thats not a bad price. your paying for the convenience of getting everything at once. you still need injectors and a way of tuning it. that kit is 1800. expect to pay upwards of 2500 by the time your done. a new cluch would be a great idea too. youll be doing that soon enough anyway

Comment

You can do the intercooler and piping from ebay, but stay away from the actual turbo!!!!!!!!!! They are bad. I know of 4 ppl that got a ebay turbo and they are all in the process of rebuilding
        I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
        Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        My coupe!!!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
        Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

If you get a greddy kit or any good quality kit they come with a set of injectors and something to give you a good safe base tune. Ebay kits do not. Also a quality kit doesn't leave you hanging on parts. You get every single fitting, nut, bolt, washer, and even little packets of silicone paste, and locktite and such. We had a kid around here try that kit on his civic. he ended up needing some fucked up fitting for the oil feed line and it was non existent. He ended up paying almost two hundred for all the turbo oiling system parts. He spent $400 on tuning parts, $70 on gaskets cuz the ones in the kit were shit, $500 on injectors cuz his were in op, he had to get a new waste gate cuz the one he got was defective and i think that was another $200ish, and it goes on til the manifold cracked and the cold air burned up the turbo. The car ran like shit everyday of the week except for one. Once the turbo went to shit he just decided to buy the gReddy kit. and it came with everything and he is still going 2.5 years strong, even in the snow all winter long. Point is he spent almost three grand on a junk set up that took up a lot of his time, when he should have just spent that in the first place and everything would have been fine.
          vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Working...
          X