Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch feels soft, spongee will not engage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch feels soft, spongee will not engage.

I ran into a snow bank, clutch won't engage, crushed my radiator leaking. There is black stuff in my slave cylinder reservoir and on the clutch pedal master cylinder pedal the boot is leaking on the push rod.

what can i do for test to get car to engage into 1st gear or any gear. How can i tell if i need a new clutch or something else.

1993 honda accord lx.

change clutch master cylinder

Comment

X2 ..most likely the clutch cylinder

check to see if there is an excess amount of brake fluid around the cylinder...you will have to move the rubber boot out of the way to see.
      DEVOTE

Comment

I tried bleeding the system, can't get the pressure up, pedal is now to the floor. If my master cylinder boot is leaking, is this why i cannot move in 1st gear. Air getting in, that my clutch disks and flywheel is ok ? I might not need a new clutch in my car ?

Mechanic says i need a new clutch dispite no pressure in the master and slave cylinder reservoir ? Is this true ?

If i change the master cylinder and build the pressure up, would i be able to engage the 1st gear to move forward ?

thnks guys. 1993 honda accord lx model.

Comment

might be the slave but look where the leaks commin from..,let me know wha happen

Comment

I checked the clutch pedal, the push rod that goes in the black boot. Is there sapposed to be grease or fluid on the push rod that goes in the black boot ? or should it be dry?

Comment

When you said the mechanic said to change the clutch, was he saying the disc and plate, or was he talking slave cylinder and master cylinder? If pressures not building your master cylinder probaly has an internal leak which means you need a new one. It could also mean theres a leak somewhere else in the system. Check all your lines for any leaks and your slave cylinder.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
              "The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Well, mechanic says even if there's no pressure in system for clutch pedal to be firm again. that is sounds like clutch is burnt out. If i could get pressure in system, like bleeding out the fluid(because it was black). Is it possible to get clutch to engage drive in 1st gear and move frwd ?

Mechanic says whether or now theres fluid in master cylinder reservoir, it would not affect the clutch engaging to grab, possible springs in clutch plate are ruined.....
                Is this true about how a clutch works...

Comment

Let me get this straight. Your mechanic said even if there was no pressure your clutch sould still engage? If so go find you another mechanic cause he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. Our cars have a hydraulic clutch engament system. Which means it uses the principals of hydraulics to work. If there is no pressure there is no movement which means no engagment of the clutch.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                  "The Turtle"
                  DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                  X