Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Freeze Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeze Plug

Since I've had my coupe it's had a faulty freeze plug. I know it's towards the back of the block (up agaisnt the firewall), I just wanted to know without having an engine crane how hard it would be to replace?
    Insert Lame Comment Here.

pretty hard because you won't have much room back there
    [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7 View Post
      pretty hard because you won't have much room back there
      Ok, well I've also heard about some special tool that I guess is used for this type of thing, supposedly it looks something like a socket wrench idk, but it's suppose to make it more simple.

Comment

actually might not be too bad if you took the intake manifold off. are you sure its a freeze plug and not the coolant pipe?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
          actually might not be too bad if you took the intake manifold off. are you sure its a freeze plug and not the coolant pipe?
          No I've got on it on purpose going up the hill and seen it leaking from the block.

Comment

got on it going uphill?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
              got on it going uphill?
              Yep
              Last edited by CB7Veritas; 12-09-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I had to remove it when I drained the coolant from my block to remove the head.
                Pain in the ass, took me forever. Try to get the car up as high as you possibly can. I believe you'll need a 17mm socket wrench if I remember, and an odd sized extension (5" or something) to get it. It's really tough to get turning.

Hey, you know what, that may be where my coolant is leaking from as well, haha!
                GO BIG ORANGE!!!

h22a swap/f22 tranny, 2.5" Magnaflow cat-back (well, the cat is gone now >_>), p/s delete... new stuff all around...

Comment

Oh, I forgot. More than likely, you'll not be able to see it very well, so you'll have to feel it out. It's a lot further back on the block than you think it is.
                  GO BIG ORANGE!!!

h22a swap/f22 tranny, 2.5" Magnaflow cat-back (well, the cat is gone now >_>), p/s delete... new stuff all around...

Comment

Originally posted by orangeaccord View Post
                    Oh, I forgot. More than likely, you'll not be able to see it very well, so you'll have to feel it out. It's a lot further back on the block than you think it is.
                    LOL I don't know how much more back it could be if it's already back by the firewall but i think I'm just going to buy a crane and do it the easy way considering I have to put all new mounts in anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X