Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best exhaust for..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best exhaust for..

I've been looking for an exhaust system that isn't loud but has great performance. Right now, I have header with 2 1/2" straight pipe to a magna exhaust. I hate it. Cops are always harassing me and giving me tickets. So, please can you help me out. I seen this new civic SI the other day. It was quiet but when it took off it sound like a 350Z or G35. I was like no way. Any idea what that could of been. Thanks guys.
    "The greatest loyalty in life is, above all, to thine own Self be true."

Facebook
    MySpace
    My Ride

you could get a new Civic muffler from the Honda dealer, I believe it is around $150-200

Comment

U can't go wrong with an Apexi World Sports ezhaust.
      VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

RSR ex-mag exhaust is maybe a good choice.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

the WS2 and the RSR are great but they are not nearly as quiet as the Civic muffler.

I really think that civic muffler is a good idea; I am sure it has pretty good flow. Match that with the larger diameter piping and you are good to go.

I might actually cut off my RSR muffler and put on one of these. I am beginning to appreciate subtlety.

I just checked with my local Honda dealer. The 09 Civic Si muffler is 315.90CAD (255.40USD).
          DEVOTE

Comment

greedy SP2.

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
              I just checked with my local Honda dealer. The 09 Civic Si muffler is 315.90CAD (255.40USD).

Damn! It was sounding like a good idea but i wasn't expecting it would cost that much. well maybe it was expected but i was just hoping it would be less lol.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Rs*r exmag will give you very good performance and isn't loud, the sound is close to a g35. this imho is the best exhaust system you could ever buy for a honda.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

the WS2 and the RSR are great but they are not nearly as quiet as the Civic muffler.

I really think that civic muffler is a good idea; I am sure it has pretty good flow. Match that with the larger diameter piping and you are good to go.

I might actually cut off my RSR muffler and put on one of these. I am beginning to appreciate subtlety.

stock mufflers for hondas never have better flow than an aftermarket which is usually straight through.

why bother putting on a muffler if you're not going to get anything really out of it other than a shiny tip?

the civic sounded nice not because of the exhaust system but because of its k20z3, same with the g35--it's the engine.

Comment

i have an rsx-s muffler on the 4th and its amazing. so stock but when i get out it, its perfect.

Comment

Get an 18" & 24" resonator, should quiet up your exhaust nice

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i have an rsr exmag and it doesnt sound anywhere close to a g35 exhaust...its quiet but it doesnt purr like the g35 exhaust when accel...havent heard the civic exhaust yet....damn you people making me think about spending money again LOL

if anyone has vids of the civic exhaust on a cb7 please post

My Low Mileage CB7

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                          stock mufflers for hondas never have better flow than an aftermarket which is usually straight through.

why bother putting on a muffler if you're not going to get anything really out of it other than a shiny tip?

the civic sounded nice not because of the exhaust system but because of its k20z3, same with the g35--it's the engine.
                          you answered that perfect....its all about the engine!!!

My Low Mileage CB7

Comment

Originally posted by LITuner View Post
                            i have an rsr exmag and it doesnt sound anywhere close to a g35 exhaust...its quiet but it doesnt purr like the g35 exhaust when accel...havent heard the civic exhaust yet....damn you people making me think about spending money again LOL

if anyone has vids of the civic exhaust on a cb7 please post

this is my RS*R Exmag on the highway; its a little more quiet now after I got a valve adjustment.

the sound is considerably louder than that of even the Civic Honda Factory Performance Sports Muffler.

DEVOTE

Comment

Good idea..... I've got a home for the RSR

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Working...
                              X