Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

3000 rpms at 65 mph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3000 rpms at 65 mph?

can sum1 tell me why my cars at 3000 rpms at only 65 mph? the (S) light blinks. i hooked up a jumper wire n it read off a code 9. sum1 told me replace the distributor n i did.. still got a code 9. can ne1 help me with this situation? i cant stand the car being like this cuz i never really feel safe driving constantly at 60 mph.. i dont wanna push it 2 hard cuz itz got 320,000 miles on it. any help would b grealy appreciated.

are you sure it is 9 because thats the cyp (cylinder sensor) and that is in the dizzy, so you might want to double check your code.

Comment

a code 9 is the no.1 cylinder sensor, which is in your distributer. if you already replaced it check your wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by 91lxaccordkidd View Post
        are you sure it is 9 because thats the cyp (cylinder sensor) and that is in the dizzy, so you might want to double check your code.
        checked it about 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
          a code 9 is the no.1 cylinder sensor, which is in your distributer. if you already replaced it check your wiring.
          well i did get it from the junkyard.. i just dont wanna put tha money in2 a new distributor if it is just the wiring. but i guess ill try a new 1.. if that is the problem should the car run regular? (if there are no more codes given off)

Comment

i just spent a week doing ignition wiring work so im feeling pretty comfortable with it lol.

there should be a harness with 7 wires coming out of the distributer to a connector in the front of it.

the wires are: to ecu pin#

orange/blue B13

blue/green B15

orange B11

white/blue B14

white B12

blue/yellow B16

your ecu is under the carpet in the passanger side foot area towards the firewall

check these wires using a resistance (Ohms) meter to make sure theyre making a connection from the dizzy to the ECU

the crank angle sensor helps generate a speed signal, so that may be why it wont go into overdrive

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by igot310s View Post
              well i did get it from the junkyard.. i just dont wanna put tha money in2 a new distributor if it is just the wiring. but i guess ill try a new 1.. if that is the problem should the car run regular? (if there are no more codes given off)
              yea if any sensor in the dizzy goes bad you need to replace the whole thing, but id say check the wiring first, if i had done that i would have saved myself literally hours of frusytration this week. good luck budday, and i have a Chilton and Hayes guide for accords if you need anything looked up.

Comment

the S light meaning the "sport" light correct?
                96 mx-6, needs work...
                91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

You guys are misleading the OP:

Code 9 for Auto Transmissions is not the Cylinder Sensor, it's Code 9 - Counter shaft or transmission speed pulse generator open or shorted.

ECU and TCU codes are totally different. "S" or "D4" light will give you a transmission code. In addition , the CEL will light for the Cylinder code.

In his case , it's the "S" for the TCU code.
                  Last edited by ExplodingCake; 12-23-2008, 11:05 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

is your torque conv. locking up? mine wasnt locking up till i cleaned my iacv, and adjusted the fitv.
                    you'll love my nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
                      You guys are misleading the OP:

Code 9 for Auto Transmissions is not the Cylinder Sensor, it's Code 9 - Counter shaft or transmission speed pulse generator open or shorted.

ECU and TCU codes are totally different. "S" or "D4" light will give you a transmission code. In addition , the CEL will light for the Cylinder code.

In his case , it's the "S" for the TCU code.
                      crap, my bad, i must have just read over his post too fast

Comment

Check this thread for your code. Replacing the distributor is if your Check Engine light were to come on, not your "S" light. Here are your TCU codes... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=1394464
                        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

So you run 3000rpm @ 65 MPH? Whats wrong with that, my car runs 3000rpm @ 60MPH and theres nuthin wrong with my car. What size tires u got?

GOT F?

Comment

Working...
                          X