Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 IM and delta 272

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 IM and delta 272

just wondering what gains could i expect putting on a h23 IM with the delta 272 cam also?

i have the f22a1 with short ram and headers and exhaust.

Originally posted by 91project View Post
    just wondering what gains could i expect putting on a h23 IM with the delta 272 cam also?

i have the f22a1 with short ram and headers and exhaust.
    That would give you some good gains along w/ a P12 ECU since you've got the A1 engine. Its used in the Preludes w/ the F22A1 and in that version it makes 135hp vs only 125hp in our CB7s.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

instead of using the p12 I would get a po6 chipped and tuned for maxima performance of the bolts ons and it would give you the best gas mileage. You can port out the h23 im while your at it. If you get a str8 pipe 2 1/8 you will probably gain about 20-30 hp but I don't know how much to the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        That would give you some good gains along w/ a P12 ECU since you've got the A1 engine. Its used in the Preludes w/ the F22A1 and in that version it makes 135hp vs only 125hp in our CB7s.
        Correct me if im wrong, but the h23 intake mani has secondaries on the IM which the p12 ecu can't control, p12 controls only 1
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

My car ran that setup along with an intake, header, exhaust, and nitrous for a while. It was a good feeling and the car sounded good, and it was definitely an improvement over stock. Also, I too recommend going with a chipped po6 and getting a tune, as the cam is much more aggressive and combined with the h23 IM, you will see more airflow up top.

Also, please note that some people have had idle issues with the 272 whereas I never did. Some people were unable to get their car to idle on a non chipped ecu with the cam, so you may want to take this into consideration and seriously consider the ecu option in addition to these mods. Car will sound great though, that is for sure.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            Correct me if im wrong, but the h23 intake mani has secondaries on the IM which the p12 ecu can't control, p12 controls only 1
            Yes it has secondaries, and yes the P12 can't operate the butterfly valves to open them. But just remove the butterflies from the IAB plate and call it a day.

To the OP, I have a Bisi Level 2 cam, H23 manifold, and the standard bolt ons, and it's feels really good. I am running a PT6 ECU as of right now and am planning on getting a chipped P06 and a tune this spring/summer (or as soon as $$$ allows me).
            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Just my 2 cents yo, connect the IAB to vaccum, it will only open it you give full throttle, people think i have a mean vtech engine lol and sounds great when you pop it

Comment

thanks guys i did this whole setup over the last few days took me a couple days of down time because i needed cam seals valve cover gaskets and egr gaskets and im gaskets and all and i also replaced my vacuum lines and 5/16 fuel lines and the parts store had random hours during the new years but tommorow morning it should be done.

as of right now it does have some idle problems as it feels like it is not getting enough gas when idleing but i did remove the butterflies from the iab plate and also have the p12 ecu.....so what tune do u guys reccommend to with the p06 ecu? because i deff feel the idle issues with the p12

Comment

I guess theres more than one way you could go about getting it tuned. In my opinion because its not anything built I would just get it chipped. Chrome is a popular program but there's many to choose from. There's a guy on this forum that does it. Look him up I think it MRX I don't know what program he uses but hit him up

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39508
                  Last edited by QUICKwitit; 01-03-2009, 01:46 AM.

Comment

mrx hasnt been around lately. hes been busy. d112crzy from crzy_performance is the one you want to talk to. check the members shops.

but yes, a chipped and tuned ecu is best when you have a wild cam. a p12 with the butterflies hooked to vac or removed will work, but wont be optimal. same with a p06 to operate the butterflies. youll probably run rich with those.

Comment

thanks how much does just a chip run me for a p06?

Comment

nvm sorry found it
                        Pricing:
                        $85 shipped ***this is for chipping service only! ECU is NOT included***

Comment

finished it up today and the car seems like it is running real rich and since my car is auto whenever i put it into neutral it seems like it isent getting enough fuel and stalls if i dont give it some gas. i have the p12 hooked up now but im now talking to the guys from crzy.tuning to get a basemap setup for what im running. i aslo had a CEL for a lil it was code 43 the 02 sensor...what could have caused that? but now i went on a trip to test it out and drove for like 40 miles with no cel now so idk what that was all about.

Comment

the chip is not what you have to worry about. its the actual tune that costs, and requires some extensive knowledge and tools.

everyone thinks that they can just slap a chip in and have a 'tuned' car. i blame ebay.

Comment

Did you put in the 272 cam? If so, you may or may not have idle issues, as I said. Some of us like myself had no trouble, and some others like hondafan81 did.
                              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                              X