Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

5 speed trans question/problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 speed trans question/problem

I just picked up a spare 92 accord for dirt cheap, the seller told me there was a clutch problem but I dont think it is I think its something internal.... tell me what you guys think here is what I know so far and I havent tore into it yet. First off the slave cylinder master cylinder was dry so my dad and I filled it up and bleed it out, now if you put the car in neutral and try and push it , it acts like its still in gear, if you push the clutch in you can push the car fine, now if you start the car and put it in gear and let the clutch out it now acts like the brakes are locked up like it wants to move but something is holding it back, checked the brakes and e-brake and there fine. Does anyone know what problem might be causing this. I cant remember if when we started the car if we had to keep the clutch in while it was idleing.

TIA

Maybe check your shift linkage... Thats where i would look next

Comment

Originally posted by Charrdcb7 View Post
      Maybe check your shift linkage... Thats where i would look next

already checked that and both the cables are working properly

Comment

Did you get this car in NH. I was gonna get one yesterday that had this same problem?
        NEW PSN
        H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
          Did you get this car in NH. I was gonna get one yesterday that had this same problem?
          No got this one in PA.

Comment

I just read on the tech forms (not beginner) where someone else was having trans problems also, I cant post there yet cause im still a newbie, anyway the guy we got the car from said there was a new clutch installed but I find it hard to believe because it just doesnt look like anyone was wrenching on it (still greasy)If it was replaced im thinking that possibly he installed the clutch disc backwards. Is there anyway I can tell if this is the problem without dropping the trans ? I pulled the starter and you cant see too much there but maybe there something I need to look for ????

TIA
            Last edited by kart11; 02-15-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

sounds like you might have a broke shift fork in the tranny and it's hung between gears
              93 SE sedan aka Green Lantern sold 3/14/05
              93 10th Anni. sedan sold 10/16/06
              92 Toyota Std Cab 4x4 sold 11/10/07
              92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
              94 LX Wagon
              00 Odyssey LX
              92 LX Wagon
              87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4
              H/FSAE (H/F Series Accord Enthusiasts)"A dying breed..."#19

Comment

Originally posted by 93 CB7 SE View Post
                sounds like you might have a broke shift fork in the tranny and it's hung between gears
                Is there a way to check that without pulling the trans.... ?

Comment

you're going to have to pull the tranny and open her up. Most likely, you have some internal issues inside that tranny. could be a simple fix or you could just throw another tranny in there.

WTB: rightside jdm 1piece headlight or just glass.

Comment

Originally posted by reaction360 View Post
                    you're going to have to pull the tranny and open her up. Most likely, you have some internal issues inside that tranny. could be a simple fix or you could just throw another tranny in there.
                    x2
                    93 SE sedan aka Green Lantern sold 3/14/05
                    93 10th Anni. sedan sold 10/16/06
                    92 Toyota Std Cab 4x4 sold 11/10/07
                    92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
                    94 LX Wagon
                    00 Odyssey LX
                    92 LX Wagon
                    87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4
                    H/FSAE (H/F Series Accord Enthusiasts)"A dying breed..."#19

Comment

Well we finally had a chance to tear into the 92 Accord and pull the 5-speed trans from what we found out it looks like they ran the tranny dry and its locked up tight. Does anyone have a clue how much it cost to do a complete rebuild on a 5 speed. Or maybe someone close to my area has a spare they may want to part with. We just put a trans in my current accord and had a hard time finding one close to me so I doubt I can find antoher one unless I drive 150 miles to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by kart11 View Post
                        Well we finally had a chance to tear into the 92 Accord and pull the 5-speed trans from what we found out it looks like they ran the tranny dry and its locked up tight. Does anyone have a clue how much it cost to do a complete rebuild on a 5 speed. Or maybe someone close to my area has a spare they may want to part with. We just put a trans in my current accord and had a hard time finding one close to me so I doubt I can find antoher one unless I drive 150 miles to get it.
                        You can probably get another one from tigerjapanese or a j/y cheaper than a rebuild. Mine grinds going into 5th gear. The stealership wants $380 for the parts just to rebuild the 5th gear countershaft. That doesn't even include any gaskets or seals.
                        My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

yeah parts for rebuilding a tranny isn't cheap. plus you haven't even opened her up yet. usually when a manual tranny is locked up, its cuz something broke and is jammed in there. open her up. I've had a honda tranny locked up. opened it up and found that the pin came out of the differential and jammed into the ring gear.

junkyard trannys usually go for around 80-100bucks or even less.

WTB: rightside jdm 1piece headlight or just glass.

Comment

I wish I could find a tranny that cheap around here, last one I got was 150.00 most if you can find them are closer to 300

Comment

i paid $350 for an h23 5-speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X