Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

code 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code 41

i bought my first car( a 93 ex coupe) and now im getting code 41 which is an o2 sensor but when i changed it and reset the memory it still keeps coming up. does any know what else i need to replace or do.
    yes im 15, yes my car and i are the same age, and not now but soon i will smoke you

What kind/type/brand of o2 sensor did you get? Going cheap on an o2 sensor is a biggggg no no. I fell into this trap.
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

Comment

I'm willing to bet you bought a Bosch O2 sensor.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

That was probably to the OP, but yes, I did. My buddy just bought a universal Bosch for his b16 hatch, and asked if I'd help him install it. I told him 65 times not to get Bosch. When he calls for help, I'll most likely lie and say I'm busy with something. It'd just be a waste of time installing.
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

My Chilton's says a 41 is an "Oxygen Heater Sensor"...is that o2 sensor

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
            That was probably to the OP, but yes, I did. My buddy just bought a universal Bosch for his b16 hatch, and asked if I'd help him install it. I told him 65 times not to get Bosch. When he calls for help, I'll most likely lie and say I'm busy with something. It'd just be a waste of time installing.
            Yea that was to the OP. There is always problems with those Bosch's. If he already bought the Bosch, tell him to make sure he cuts the harness of the OEM sensor and put it on the Bosch.

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
            My Chilton's says a 41 is an "Oxygen Heater Sensor"...is that o2 sensor
            Yes it is

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

Im having a newb moment, but arent there 2 sensors? One up top and one down under, near the exhaust..

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Im having a newb moment, but arent there 2 sensors? One up top and one down under, near the exhaust..
                2 O2 sensors? There is only 1. Some are up top on the header and some are under the car on the downpipe before the cat

My member's ride

Comment

I wonder what im thinking of then, lol...

Comment

obd2

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Perhaps.

Comment

yeah i did buy a bosch, but whats so wrong with em
                        yes im 15, yes my car and i are the same age, and not now but soon i will smoke you

Comment

Originally posted by cb7younggun View Post
                          yeah i did buy a bosch, but whats so wrong with em
                          They never work with our cars. They don't use the right voltage. It can be fixed by cutting the harness off the old OEM sensor and putting it in place of the Bosch one.

My member's ride

Comment

Yes, but no. Depends on the engine you have. If you have the f22a1 or f22a4, then your oxygen sensor is on the header/exhaust manifold. If you have the f22a6, your oxygen sensor is located after the flex-pipe/before the cat. When my o2 sensor went bad (f22a6), mine threw #1. So I'm pretty sure the code for an a1/a4 is #2. I think the primary oxygen sensor heater, is because the o2 sensor's not heating up correctly? Meaning, it's failed/failing.
                            98' Mustang 3V Swap
                            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                              Yes, but no. Depends on the engine you have. If you have the f22a1 or f22a4, then your oxygen sensor is on the header/exhaust manifold. If you have the f22a6, your oxygen sensor is located after the flex-pipe/before the cat. When my o2 sensor went bad (f22a6), mine threw #1. So I'm pretty sure the code for an a1/a4 is #2. I think the primary oxygen sensor heater, is because the o2 sensor's not heating up correctly? Meaning, it's failed/failing.
                              I have a F22A4 and my sensor is right before the cat . I think you might have that backwards. F22A4 is before the cat and F22A1 and F22A6 is on the header

My member's ride

Comment

Working...
                              X