Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cracked head or head gasket f22 or h22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cracked head or head gasket f22 or h22?

so i just found out that i either cracked the head on my f23 or i blew a head gasket. So now one or three things can happen 1. back to f22, 2. upgrade to automatic lsd h22, 3. try that new g22 or 23. i will find out tomorrow but wat do u think. deever this mite work out in the end sohc to dohc.

Originally posted by Youngill726 View Post
    so i just found out that i either cracked the head on my f23 or i blew a head gasket. So now one or three things can happen 1. back to f22, 2. upgrade to automatic lsd h22, 3. try that new g22 or 23. i will find out tomorrow but wat do u think. deever this mite work out in the end sohc to dohc.

Well if you just blew a headgasket,then just replace the headgasket. Take the head to have it checked out by a reputable machine shop for warpage...etc. Or just F*** it and make it a perfect excuse to swap a DOHC in there.
    www.PreludePower.com
    BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

thats what im talking bout just getin the h22 anyway did you see the pics of it? if u dint its under 91/99 cb7. im getting kinda excited but i would just have to order the motor and everything but wouldnt know how long it would take cause i miss my ca already and this just happened today

Comment

thats what im talking bout just getin the h22 anyway did you see the pics of it? if u dint its under 91/99 cb7. im getting kinda excited but i would just have to order the motor and everything but wouldnt know how long it would take cause i miss my ca already and this just happened today

Yes I have seen it already. Where are you planning to get the motor from if you dont mind me asking?
        www.PreludePower.com
        BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

not sure most ppl say tiger then i hear the otherone that in cali. im in mississippi so its going to take a few days.what would you prefer

Comment

not sure most ppl say tiger then i hear the otherone that in cali. im in mississippi so its going to take a few days.what would you prefer
            Hmotorsonline is by far the best dealer for JDM motors, but kind of expensive as well. Tiger is kind of a gamble but alot cheaper though but I heard alot of good feedback about Tiger. Im pretty sure they both have warranty so you should be ok. Not too sure about the one in California you are talking about.
            www.PreludePower.com
            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

wouldnt mind having a type s euro h22 but thats to much mite as well get a type r for that price i priced a reg h22 for 2,500 and i think it comes with everything i would need.would the type s throttle body/intake manifold go with the reg h22?

is the h22 the only motor that would do a cb7 some justice would the k20,gsr,b series or f20 not fit. i read about the j32 v6 civic i went on youtube and seen the dyno and thats crazy power lol

Comment

is the h22 the only motor that would do a cb7 some justice would the k20,gsr,b series or f20 not fit. i read about the j32 v6 civic i went on youtube and seen the dyno and thats crazy power lol
                Brotha Man, plz go to the swaps section and check out all the motors for the cb, K series has been done(k24) by 2point6.

Gsr's or anything under 2.0 is a waste of time, r cars r to heavy for those lil 1.8L's.

Read the Stickys it will help you understand about your car more. Period
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

yes it was hmotorsport that i was talkin bout. i will find out tomorrow wat the word is going to be. i dont mind paying top dollar for a good quality motor and of its under warranty well that wats up with the biz. jus ready to get back on the road imma pull my 19s off and drop the car again wit sum 16s. but i think imma keep it auto with the lsd tranny. tired of these guys here pulln back on me at 3rd gear so imma get the motor and tranny reworked while out the car if i get a h22

Comment

i like how people on here try to replace the problem instead of actually solving the cause.

for starters...honda heads are not notorius to cracking. an easy way to indicate a blown headgasket is check consistency on spark plugs and same with exhaust ports. if you are consuming water, the port will look a lot cleaner than the rest.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well mista 3k,no offense sir lol. i have been through 3 sets of ngks in the last month. today wen i pulle number one spark plug from the left of and tried to crank it it shot up water from the spark plug whole or whatever its called. kinda strange but when i think bout it last night it ran hot in a local rally's drivethru with my girl maybe yall got a checkers same same.i dont jus want to trash the motor i really wanna keep it and be diff but it was not ran right but once since i got it.revved to 7 grand when i first did swap and it hasnt had vtec hooked up any running f22 tranny,ecu and wiring harness.look at 91/99 cb7 you will see it. im just trying to catch up and run the motor the right way.

Comment

which is better for the h22 obd-1 or 2????

Comment

well mista 3k,no offense sir lol. i have been through 3 sets of ngks in the last month. today wen i pulle number one spark plug from the left of and tried to crank it it shot up water from the spark plug whole or whatever its called. kinda strange but when i think bout it last night it ran hot in a local rally's drivethru with my girl maybe yall got a checkers same same.i dont jus want to trash the motor i really wanna keep it and be diff but it was not ran right but once since i got it.revved to 7 grand when i first did swap and it hasnt had vtec hooked up any running f22 tranny,ecu and wiring harness.look at 91/99 cb7 you will see it. im just trying to catch up and run the motor the right way.
                          Not trying to be a dick here but....can you make a little bit of effort to construct legible sentences? Your posts in this thread are sometimes difficult to understand.

Comment

which is better for the h22 obd-1 or 2????
                            the f23 is obdII so you probably have everything all wired.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If you just want to get it running again, I'd try changing the HG. If you're set on going forward w/ a swap, I'd shop around a bit knowing what some people charge for these swaps. In most cases they're incredibly overpriced compared to what the wholesale cost is on any given engine. Just to give you a baseline, the average H22 swap w/ auto trans wholesales for 500-700$ for the complete swap package, so I wouldn't pay over 1500 retail for it. That's just my .02 though.

Comment

Working...
                              X