Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

engine work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine work

ok so i want to get a few things for my f22a1 from bisimoto such as a stage 2 camshaft and cam gear
    will i have to do any other work to get these to work as well as they can of are these things i can just throw in?

Putting in a camshaft isn't exactly like throwing on an intake.... It's a tad bit more in dephth and exact than that. You're going to need cam lube and a torque wrench, plus new spark plug tube seals and a valve cover gasket. You're going to have to also redo the timing belt since thats what drives the cam. Plus all the torque specs and sequences for the things you removed. I 110% recomend getting a helms or oem shop manual for this.

If you feel confident in accomplishing that, then you're going to need to replace the valve springs and retainers. You have two options for install here. More special tools and and access to an air compressor to keep the valves closed while the head is on OR take the head off and have them done at a machine shop which requires more time and money due to having to buy a new headgasket and headbolts. Plus the machine work required to the head....

In my opinion, if you're asking questions like this. You aren't ready to put the time or the money into this kind of mod. So read up some more, search around, and see where you stand. Hope that helped.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

on a stock block you may not see the gains your hoping for mainly due to low compression. You will see gains though. highly suggest valvesprings from bisi as well but unless your pushing 8000+ rpm bisi told me stock retainers will be fine.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
      X