Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new rear motor mount but still vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For reference, pics of the mounts:

Rear torque:

Motor mount(driver's side):

Transmission mount:

Look at the V shaped webbing. Notice they're all set up like this(compressing the V shape):

(Weight)
    |
    |
    \/

o
    // \\
    -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
    1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

there's a procedure to "neutralize" the mounts. basically you loosen all horizontal bolts, shift thru the gears a few times and then tighten them down. logically, i have no idea what that's supposed to do, but there is a bulletin for it.

Comment

it's different because you have four mounts to support the weight evenly instead of one trying to hold back 750 lbs or 1/4 of the vehicle's weight.

example: i did this to a set of esp mounts and the car doesnt vibrate at all.

all of the mounts thta i tighted without holding the engine's weight up in a rested position vibrate whether it would be just a simple clutch R&R or engine removal.

im going by theory and experience here. plus, bushings only give so much. the more you compress it, the faster it can prematurely wear out. im not too worried about that though, im just worried about them binding and causing an issue which a customer will notice.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Probably to prevent premature wear and keep the motor level so to say. I do something similar; just rock the hell out of the engine with my arms then torque them down.

I don't think you would have an issue with binding in any of the motor mounts. The motor doesn't move too much so I don't see it being an issue. If anything, binding would more likely to occur on the transmission and motor mount that utilizes a polyurethane material instead of rubber...as we know that poly doesn't flex as well as rubber. Even then, that's not likely to happen.
          Last edited by K2e2vin; 03-18-2009, 02:34 AM.
          -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
          1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

ill look up the procedure in the manual and ill report back.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i just notice that when im at a red light and shift my car to N to stop the vibration the car rev up and down but if i release the brake pedal while in N the revving stop in a little bit, it kind of look like there is a leak in the brakes somewhere

Comment

Working...
              X