Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ESP Mount Kit vs Pieced Together Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESP Mount Kit vs Pieced Together Kit

I plan on doing a 5 speed swap in the near future and was planning on buying the ESP auto to 5 speed mount. I also want to upgrade the rest of my mounts while I was at it, so this is where my question comes up. I have come up with two options:
    • Option 1) the ESP kit, it uses 1/4 inch steel, 70a polyurathane and runs $275.
      • PROS
        stronger metal
        all equal poly
        less work on my part lol

CONS
        costs more
    • Option 2) a pieced together kit consisting of the ESP auto to 5 speed mount ($110), McMaster's 80a polyurethane ($30+s/h), and the other 3 mounts since this is also my daily and can't afford much down time ($50ish) so total of $200 give or take.
      • PROS
        costs less

CONS
        weaker metal on OEM mounts
        un equal poly (possibe prolem?)
        more work for me

Any opinions, is the ESP kit worth the extra money?
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

By no means is the metal on the oem mounts weak. The metal that surrounds the OEM mounts are thicker than ESP.

You can weld in the passenger side bracket for the 5 speed motor mount. And I have never seen anyone have any problems at all with the liquid poly fill. So based on those facts you make the choice.

Comment

i chose esp so i dont have too much to do and its the simple fact that 3 of the mounts are all the same and they look awesome. and the front one i bought a filled one and i have no engine vibration at all so its really up to you
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Man up........ get the esp mounts
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

I went for the ESP mounts and it's actually 284 shipped to your door using Paypal.

for the 84 extra bucks i think it's worth it know you'll probably never need to change the mounts ever again and it's easier to install so long as you use an H2U5 tranny because the tranny mount uses the H tranny stud pattern.

Comment

also with the esp mounts you need that lx/dx rear motor mount but trust me its worth it my power gets put to the ground even though i dont have a whole lot of it
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
              By no means is the metal on the oem mounts weak. The metal that surrounds the OEM mounts are thicker than ESP.

You can weld in the passenger side bracket for the 5 speed motor mount. And I have never seen anyone have any problems at all with the liquid poly fill. So based on those facts you make the choice.
              I didn't mean that the OEM mounts are weak, but I didn't think that they would be as strong as 1/4" steel.

Originally posted by slick View Post
              also with the esp mounts you need that lx/dx rear motor mount but trust me its worth it my power gets put to the ground even though i dont have a whole lot of it
              No problem for me, I have a DX.
              Originally posted by 92dm
              I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
              VOUCHES
              Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7 View Post
                I didn't mean that the OEM mounts are weak, but I didn't think that they would be as strong as 1/4" steel.

No problem for me, I have a DX.
                then win win for esp mounts

Comment

esp mounts are better than making homemade mounts. if your going to pay 200 for a mounts, why not just pay the 75 more for quality parts. this annoys me so bad, there so much honda guys that cheap out on shit, and those guys that dont, that pay for quality shit, never break down.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

esp mounts 100% they are amazing and i love every minute of them. they are worth the money plus they can paint them any color you want.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      esp mounts 100% they are amazing and i love every minute of them. they are worth the money plus they can paint them any color you want.

WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post

the metal on the oem mounts are actually not very strong at all. they are made of sintered metal which is basically just powdered metal melted together. i personally broke my drivers side mount which was filled with 90a urethane and it snapped the tabs off where it mounts to the motor. course i was powershifting at 22psi so around 500hp but either way i doubt that would ever happen with ESP mounts which i just ordered friday woopwoop.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                        X