Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What OBD Is My Car/Ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What OBD Is My Car/Ecu

this is a picture from the hondata website. the ecu's from top to bottom are as listed below
    1. OBD2B (left 3 plugs are used)
    2. OBD2A
    3. OBD1
    4. OBD0 (jdm pr3 and pwo)

i had this pic for awhile because i didn't know what OBD i had in my car. so i figured let me post it and help others out.

MOVING TO BACK FLORIDA IN 2 WEEKS. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OVER THERE.

90-93 Accords are all OBD1.

I will post a pic of my old ECU (pt3) in a min to show you the plug in sockets.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

all cb7's are obd1 from the factory.

none of us will ever have to worry about obd0, and the only ones who need to worry about obd2 are the swappers with 97+ motors.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

now i know what OBD i have. but i just threw this out there for noob's and reference. but this is mainly for swappers like you said.

MOVING TO BACK FLORIDA IN 2 WEEKS. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OVER THERE.

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post

none of us will ever have to worry about obd0, and the only ones who need to worry about obd2 are the swappers with 97+ motors.
          i thought all obd1 were 92-96, aren't they? so if your right my 91' cb7 ex (f22a4) is obd1?

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast4usteeley View Post
            so if your right my 91' cb7 ex (f22a4) is obd1?
            That would be correct.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Comment

i thought all obd1 were 92-96, aren't they? so if your right my 91' cb7 ex (f22a4) is obd1?
              Originally posted by H22artman View Post

Not sure about Honda in general, but yes, pretty much every Honda from 92 - 96 is OBD1.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                That would be correct.
                ok so since im obd1 where can i get an obd1 programmer for a descent price? and can i get it at a local parts store such as napa or something?

Comment

plus looking in my car just a second ago shouldnt there be a plug in spot underneath the dash for the programmer, cus i dont see one.

Comment

By programmer, are you talking about a program that allows you to mess with the ECU? Like fuel maps and ignition timing and such?
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Comment

By programmer, are you talking about a program that allows you to mess with the ECU? Like fuel maps and ignition timing and such?
                      sorry i meant to say an obd1 scan tool, i keep drooling over this aem programmer i want....

Comment

Passenger side kick panel. It might be wrapped in the loom of wires.
                        3 CB's gone....
                        1 WK Overland....

Comment

sorry i meant to say an obd1 scan tool, i keep drooling over this aem programmer i want....
                          There is no such thing. If you have a check engine light, it can be read by putting a paper clip or in the small two pin connector in the passenger side kick pannel. Then you see how many times the light blinks, and thats your problem code.

There is a listing somewhere and a better definition on how to do it. Search it.

Also if you are thinking about getting a programable ECU, You have a lot to learn.

Stock, the ECU in our cars can not be programed in any way.

The ecu in your CB7 is perfectly tuned from the factory with all stock parts.

But when you add parts such as Intake, header, exhaust, camshaft, high-comp pistons, turbo, ect. You need to get a programable ECU and have it tuned to balance the parts out and get maximal power.

Again, there is no way any programer will help your stock car. Nor will it work.

Comment

Passenger side kick panel. It might be wrapped in the loom of wires.
                            sweet man thanks for the pic, i was going to ask if someone had a pic, so the obd1 should just plug right into that?

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                              There is no such thing. If you have a check engine light, it can be read by putting a paper clip or in the small two pin connector in the passenger side kick pannel. Then you see how many times the light blinks, and thats your problem code.

There is a listing somewhere and a better definition on how to do it. Search it.

Also if you are thinking about getting a programable ECU, You have a lot to learn.

Stock, the ECU in our cars can not be programed in any way.

The ecu in your CB7 is perfectly tuned from the factory with all stock parts.

But when you add parts such as Intake, header, exhaust, camshaft, high-comp pistons, turbo, ect. You need to get a programable ECU and have it tuned to balance the parts out and get maximal power.

Again, there is no way any programer will help your stock car. Nor will it work.
                              yea i know what your talking about, im already doing a motor build with all that stuff and uprgading the ecu, im keeping it obd1 but with my build im doing im going to need a good programmer wich i just so happend to be looking at, as i posted on the obd1 thread

Comment

Working...
                              X