Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo or H22 Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo or H22 Swap?

So i am looking to make around 200hp as cheaply as possible. I was thinking about turboing my f22 just because its in great shape. Or should i just swap in a H22. Not sure where i could get a turbo kit for the f22. I did some searching around in the forum and saw that people were making decent power with them. Im trying to get the car to run low 15's or maybe even high 14's. I really don't need A/C and my friend is big on dsm's so he might have his stock turbo lying around somewhere. What should i do?
    Looking for a CB7!

For just 200hp you can just throw a cam in the f22 and some head work with out touching the bottom end.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      For just 200hp you can just throw a cam in the f22 and some head work with out touching the bottom end.
      Where can i get a cam for the f22. And what sort of head work would i need.
      Looking for a CB7!

Comment

Dollar for dollar a turbo setup nets the most power a can and headwork on an f series would cost more than a turbo kit to make 200hp.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

if you want VTEC, then go for the H22 swap. Turbo's are nice, but they're not as reliable as NA power...if just bolted onto your existing F22 block w/o doing anything to it.

An H22 swap would only have around 40-60K miles whereas your F22 has most likely over 150K miles, so thats just looking at the reliability aspect of it.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I dont understand why everyone allways throws the reliability card out when turbos are mentioned. Other than tuning the car once there should be no reliability problems unless boost is abused. no different from an h22 that gets railed on daily eventually something is going to fail its all in the driver not so much the setup. I personally have been turbo for almost 5 years now and have had no issues with reliability.

member ride thread
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
              I dont understand why everyone allways throws the reliability card out when turbos are mentioned. Other than tuning the car once there should be no reliability problems unless boost is abused. no different from an h22 that gets railed on daily eventually something is going to fail its all in the driver not so much the setup. I personally have been turbo for almost 5 years now and have had no issues with reliability.
              I like the idea of turboing the car. My motor as far as i know has 229k on it. Although it was extremely well maintained i have all reciepts for the life of the car. It burns no oil and runs super smooth. So i figure if i run a small turbo and low boost i should have no reliability problems. I just want to know how much a good kit would cost and where i can get one.
              Looking for a CB7!

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                because most people slap them on high mileage engines w/o rebuilding anything. If done properly, yes they're reliable.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                  because most people slap them on high mileage engines w/o rebuilding anything. If done properly, yes they're reliable.
                  I slapped mine on a motor that had 225k miles and ran it for 3 years no problem with no rebuild whatsoever. i just built it because i got boost hungry.

member ride thread
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

h22 swap by far bc boosting the f is great in all but no way better then a h22 trust me i know what im talking about the f head flows good and the block is really tuff but its all about efficiency! and a good tune the h is just a new motor all around no matter what year

Comment

IMO turbo is more fun than vtec and the cb I rode in was at 5psi and felt like it pulled harder than my BB6.

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
                      BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
                      SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

boost it.

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22accord View Post
                          h22 swap by far bc boosting the f is great in all but no way better then a h22 trust me i know what im talking about the f head flows good and the block is really tuff but its all about efficiency! and a good tune the h is just a new motor all around no matter what year
                          If you knew what you were talking about you would know that a turbo increases the volumetric efficency of an engine.

member ride thread
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Turbo.

WTB: rightside jdm 1piece headlight or just glass.

Comment

boost..

Comment

Working...
                              X