Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

got springs, do i need struts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got springs, do i need struts?

My first mod for my 93 sedan will be lowering it with Tenzo 2.4 inch drop springs, I know it is a total noob question but do I have to put new struts on at the same time? and how do I know if my struts are bad before I take them off? limited budget here, but I also dont want to take the chance of ruining anything else on the car. Thanks for the advice.

it would b better if u buy new 1s, if u decide 2 drop it wit the same shocks and if they aint working ur gonna hear how ur car hits juss about anything, good luck, i recomend u 2 buy new 1s so u wont have 2 do the job twice.
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

its a good idea to replace them. stock dampers do not like being lowered 2 inches plus.

how to check them: take the damper and spring assembly apart. push the damper shaft down and let go, if it comes back up "quickly" then the damper is good.
      Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
      Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
      No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

Yea, all these guys are right. Personally I still have my stock struts with megan racing coilover sleeves and they ride fine. Its just a matter of what condition your struts are in. Good luck!

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

do you think these will work?

Will these Tasline struts be good enough or am I trying to be to cheap here? http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=1719&p=1

Comment

Originally posted by SuicidalFern View Post
            Will these Tasline struts be good enough or am I trying to be to cheap here? http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=1719&p=1
            from the description:

stock replacement struts
            i would get some agx's if your on a budget, but they will work for a while. can't say for sure how long though. lol
            Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
            Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
            No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

I like the AGX idea, guess I will just have to save some more dough! Thanks all for the advice!

Comment

yeah just save up ur money and buy som good 1s, if ur gonna drop ur car do it correctly, so later on u wont have any problems.
                AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Try out GR-2's, they are cheap and good.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Best advice I can give you is to do it right the first time. I went through 2 sets of stock shocks and a set of gr2 trying to cheap out. Finally just went ahead and got some agx and it was the best investment ever. Hit up www.jegs.com they have the agx about as cheap as u r going to get them brand new. And mind u I was just dropped 2 inches with eibach sportlines.

R.I.P> Ronald Murphy the best dad ever in life. YOu will be missed.

Comment

try tas auto's website... i'm saving to buy a whole suspension kit for like 500... comes with kyb struts and eibach lowering springs... they have the struts on sale pretty cheap too!!!
                      THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

Comment

My entire suspension on the front is blown. Anyone got any suggestions on struts and springs?
                        -Will

Comment

I've heard good things about Tokico Blues. cp[mike] runs them with Neuspeed Race springs which are among the stiffest & lowest available for our cars. Koni also hast their new SRT series. Skunk2 has some non-adjustables as well. Lot of options out there.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Two words;

Bilstein, Koni.

Forget the rest...
                            Regards from Oz,
                            John.

Comment

Working...
                            X