Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

can anyone really help me......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone really help me......

so th car though a check engine code 3 and 12 i changed the map sensor for another and i read here that i need the fuel pressure regulator off of a h22. so i took a pair of needle nose vise grips and pinched off the fuel return line and it runs pretty good. so i cleaned the motor up and engine bay with some purple power and the trust hose. NOW heres a question could i just get a b&m fuel press reg and put it on the f22 reg and just adjust it to the right psi?
    Last edited by secondaryed; 04-18-2009, 10:40 PM. Reason: think i found the prob

if your having a problem with idle...did you check for vacuum leaks, fuel filter, fuel pressure? What is your timing set at? Any mods to the engine? What Items were you missing? Which ECU did you use? Have you wired v-tec before? we'll start with that.
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
    ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
    US Navy Electrician
    Contact me if you need help on the side.
    '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
    '01 Civic LX
    '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

i got the idle to work out fine now i changed what im thinking is the fast idiol valve (bottom of tb) and it smoothed out better.i have a p13 running it now. i have wired up vtec many times i have a haynes manual for an accord so i know were the wires are on the plugs.it just breaks up badly up till vtec then it seems fine i took it for a drive last night around the block and it spit sputerd but once vtec kicked in the tach shot to 8.now i tried just smoothly giving it gas and it seemed to straighten out a little but i didnt go far. i dont know were to go i wired up my blaster coil and it helped a little bit but not much.and its open header at the moment but i dont see it hurting it just reving up you know.unless my fuel pump isnt working great but why would vtec be smoother then regular driving?

Comment

Open header?...meaning no pipes past the header hooked up?...I don't really know the meaning of that term...if this is so, it may be a problem due to no back pressure...and when v-tech kicks in, you don't need as much due to the increased air flow of the engine. Is this a JDM or a USDM engine...it could also be the EGR valve being stuck open, if its a USDM engine, letting too much exaust into the intake. Have you checked your fuel pressure at idle and full load?
        "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

US Navy Electrician
        '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
        '01 Civic LX
        '00 Tahoe

Comment

its a jdm motor and i havent check fuel readings dont really have a gauge.i had to pull the main relay down and squeeze it to get the pump to kick in.the egr valve i have running in the car now came off of my sohc f22a6 it was working ok then so unless it cant hold the exhaust pressure of the new motor. it breaks up when i rev it up just sitting still.thats the thing idont get you know.

Comment

what part of the country do you live? If you are having to squeeze the main relay to get the fuel pump...its time to replace it...but that is not the cause of your problem...Fuel pressure readings would be very helpful...do you know anyone that has a set? I can help you if you are local...have you checked the timing?...how do you spark plugs look...wires, cap, rotor, etc...usually its something simple like that...any check engine codes?

US Navy Electrician
            '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
            '01 Civic LX
            '00 Tahoe

Comment

2 questions for this noob...

would someone mind showing me a picture of a rear strut bar?

can someone tell me what a rear disc conversion does?

thank you for those who answer.
              cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

i live in florida tampa bay area. i have a sohc vtec ecu now when i plugged that in to the car it drives smoothly nice throttle response vtec works but it doesnt idol right idols to low and dies out. could that mean the h22 ecu i have is no good or maybe the knock sensor maybe i wired it wrong or did a bad job on it

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_07 View Post

Stop hogging up threads, you want answers, go make your own.

To the guy that started this thread. I have the same problem. I have a JDM H22 and the only code i'm running is 23 - knock sensor. It sputters bad until vtec, when the engine transforms into god. Answers on this would be nice...
                  -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                  if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                  Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by H0ndaSpyd3rLM View Post
                    Stop hogging up threads, you want answers, go make your own.

To the guy that started this thread. I have the same problem. I have a JDM H22 and the only code i'm running is 23 - knock sensor. It sputters bad until vtec, when the engine transforms into god. Answers on this would be nice...
                    i dont jnow man my h22a isnt throughing any codes and now it breaks in vtec. i put nnew plugs and the stock coil in and its running a little better. drives normal just crusing the streets but has no throttle respones when i floor it it just spits. maybe your knock sensors bad or catching a signal from something else. best i can come up with sry if it doesnt help

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_07 View Post

rear disc helps slow down and the rear strut bar connects the two rear struts together

Comment

Originally posted by secondaryed View Post
                        rear disc helps slow down and the rear strut bar connects the two rear struts together
                        your enabling him...

As far as the H22 thing...I am really at a loss...do you have a manual for the engine? There may be some symptom diagnostics in there...sorry man.

US Navy Electrician
                        '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                        '01 Civic LX
                        '00 Tahoe

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107 View Post
                          your enabling him...

As far as the H22 thing...I am really at a loss...do you have a manual for the engine? There may be some symptom diagnostics in there...sorry man.
                          Now i will try.
                          You must read fuel pressure, thats first, then fuel filter and fuel pipes (hoses).
                          if that is ok, i'am thinking the distributor or ignition is not ok, i was having the same problem on civic 91 1.6 vtec and ignition was the problem.
                          No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Well, i had just adjusted my distributer to try and take an annoying vtec backfire away.
                            -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                            if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                            Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by vjekoaccordRT View Post
                              Now i will try.
                              You must read fuel pressure, thats first, then fuel filter and fuel pipes (hoses).
                              if that is ok, i'am thinking the distributor or ignition is not ok, i was having the same problem on civic 91 1.6 vtec and ignition was the problem.
                              im useing the fuel reg out of the single cam think may its not leting enough fuel in.right now im useing a sohc vtec ecu doesnt really break up much but everyonce in awhile i spit and sputter. a friend said my ecu might be bad. i also got my dizzy of some dude not to sure on the quality of it... thanks to everyone taking the time to help me out im real greatfull thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X