Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tire Rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayrob333 View Post
    I've had the 50 series tires before and they rubbed too
    Are you sure they're rubbing the rear bumper, and not the rear fenders/wheel wells?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Look I had that same problem and my remedy was to bat the fender and the hack its simple...
      1: grab a wooden bat yes a bat
      2: place the bat in between the tire and the fender
      3: tell someone to drive back and front slowly
      4: when the bat gets pressure the inner lip will start to bend
      That was the thing I did. And my car sits on 18 and nothing goes bad when I got people

GOod luck and be careful
      from this

Comment

Originally posted by Grin0048 View Post
        Sounds like you need to find smoother roads and smaller friends.
        lol
        cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

I think the problem is the actual rear fender/wheelwell is too close not the bumper itself

Comment

Originally posted by jayrob333 View Post
            Hey all you CB7 lovers out there I have a delimma and need your assistance. About 3 years ago I bought ASA 16" rims with 215/50R-16 tires for my CB7. 2 years ago I installed all new KYB GR-2 shocks and sturts. Recently, I bought new tires at 215/60-16. Ever since I've changed to the 16" rims the tires have been rubbing against the rear bumper when I roll hit a bump or espeailly when I have people in the back seat. Is there anything I can do to reduce or eliminate this problem without getting a better suspension.
            do yo u have coilovers or what?

Comment

Guys, seriously.. he's running 215/60/16's on his CB7.. that's why he's rubbing in the rear

The overall diameter of our stock tires (195/60/15) is 24.2". The overall diameter of your tires (215/60/16) is 26.2".

Throw half a bump stop in each of the rear struts and call it a day.. or, buy tires that are meant to fit your car.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
              Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
              Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
              [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Yea get smaller tires like everyone is saying a 50 series, I'm running a 185/60/R15 and they rub when I have people in the back. I'm going to take that advice for the 50 series. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                X