Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how hard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how hard...

How hard is it to replace your motor mounts?

The front, side, and trans mounts are not bad to change. The rear one is a real bitch.

Comment

the mount by the t-belt is simple,
      the rear mount is under the intake mani, not so fun

the other 2 are tranny mounts....
      there pretty simple too

u can diy 3 outta 4 n no time at all

Comment

i m thinking to change my motor mounts too, where to get somes good motor mount?

Comment

Originally posted by mrlaidback View Post
          How hard is it to replace your motor mounts?
          Depends on your skill level, really. Pretty straight-forward though.

Originally posted by Sleeper00 View Post
          i m thinking to change my motor mounts too, where to get somes good motor mount?
          Take your existing ones and fill them with urethane. Best bang right there.

Comment

ESP Mount for some solid mount. Your car will vibrate abit then normal because the mount is stiff unlike OE

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80212

there a somewhat a DIY on this forums for how to install it without taking Intake manifold off. It will take alot of Muscle and Universal Joints

Comment

Originally posted by 90LXCB7Newbie View Post

the other 2 are tranny mounts....
              No. Only the one attached to the transmission is a tranny mount. The one in the front is simply a torque mount. It isn't load-bearing. It's easy to change that front one... just be careful not to slip and smack the radiator.

Comment

so in total its 4 motor mounts right? cuz when i was ordering they told me it was 5 mounts...

Comment

so in total its 4 motor mounts right? cuz when i was ordering they told me it was 5 mounts...
                  No it's 4, There is a tranny mount. That is next to the passenger side mount(Left side if infront of the engine).

But I did the rear mount totally the wrong way and maybe others did too. If I had just taken off the Throttle body and plenum. And the intake manifold it is really easy.

Take those off, Then get a floor jack and prop it under the trannny boost up the engine. Then take off the bolts on the mount. If you have an auto take out hose going to the vacuum on the mount.

Then take the mount out.

After getting that one in. the left side is kinda annoying I gotta change that one. The front is easy and so is the right side.

Let me know if you need help.

Comment

DX/LX 5 spd r. mount is easier to remove than the EX 5 spd and Auto r. mounts, plus it's a much smaller and better design, and it's fillable too. The ESP r. mount uses the DX/LX 5 spd "low" bracket aswell. Urethane is the best way to go like kmart said

Comment

ok i just did that test to check the motor mounts, the engine move more that 1"
                      and i can see the front mount is bad, now should i just change the front first or do all 4 mounts? i saw a set of 4 mounts on ebay like $145 but not sure if its good brand or not, pretty sure it made in china, or should i go like napa or car quest better brand to buy the front mount frist?
                      any place got some good brand motor mount for daily drive?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91...Q5fAccessories
                      Last edited by Sleeper00; 06-01-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

3 down 1 to go

Comment

3 down 1 to go
                          Is it the rear? :P

Comment

lol yea saving that one for last

Comment

lol yea saving that one for last
                              a engine lift you help alot on that one. when i do a motor swap thats the first one i put in is the big rear mount. wit the other 3 loose it makes it much easier to move the motor up, down, left, right, when you have the lift. everyone has there own way of doin it tho. way i would do it is loosen the drivers side mount, front mount and leave the tranny mount in place. loosein the long threaded bolts if needed but not all the way. use the lift to help hoist the engine up a little bit, to make manouverin easier. if ur mounts have a inch or more of play it prob the rear mount. as u stomp the gas thats the mount that take most of the load and "twists" the hardest.

the rebuild!
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Working...
                              X