Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Royal purple break-in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal purple break-in oil

Has anybody ever used Royal Purple Motor Break-in oil before? My old man used it for his V8 and I was thinking about using it for my motor, but I was wondering if anybody had any bad experience's with it?

Where there's a will, there's a way

Originally posted by speeddemon22 View Post
    Has anybody ever used Royal Purple Motor Break-in oil before? My old man used it for his V8 and I was thinking about using it for my motor, but I was wondering if anybody had any bad experience's with it?
    Breakin's are usually meant for new motors, or rebuilt. If your engine hasnt been rebuilt, just use oil.
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

my engine has been rebuilt from the bottom up!! so any bad experience's?

Where there's a will, there's a way

Comment

Royal Purple has been known to make very good stuff...

Granted, there's no real need for "break in oil". I've always just known to use regular oil, not a synthetic, and it works fine. I broke in my L15A with regular, and then switched to synthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Royal Purple has been known to make very good stuff...

Granted, there's no real need for "break in oil". I've always just known to use regular oil, not a synthetic, and it works fine. I broke in my L15A with regular, and then switched to synthetic.
          Thats what I recommend too. Break-in with regular oil.

Comment

From what I've seen on rebuilds or new engines, there is a higher level of some metals...but...are these levels high enough to warrant a pre-15-20,000 mile oil change with synthetic (or pre 4k-5000 mile oc with good conventional)?

I don't really think so. If you've got anything in your oil after a rebuild/new engine that could damage your engine...something went terribly wrong and it's not the oil you should worry about.

If it makes you feel better to get all that out then run a GOOD conventional oil for 4000miles, it's not a bad idea, you aren't wasting a lot of cash. Then switch to a good synthetic (change filter too)...then your set to go to 15-20k with filter only changes (plus oil top off) every 5k.
            ____

Comment

royal purple is the best product i've ever seen in my opinion ive seen it used in 12.6:1 all motor aps to 24psi boost apps no problems if you perform the break in properly

Comment

but you can just use their synthetic it doesnt have to be the break in stuff i wont put anything but royal in my cars and trucks now i love the stuff

Comment

Working...
                X