Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Nitrous low compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Nitrous low compression

ok so we sprayed a H22 a 125 i belive cuz of wrong shot...the h22 now has low compression..what may the problem be? piston rings im guessing

You sprayed an H22 with a 125 shot? Could be anything... rings, valves, who knows... that's a HUGE shot for a stock H22!

Comment

Uh thats a big shot for a stock H. 50 is small. Could be anything. hopefully not to much.

Comment

If he has low compression in a cylinder, it's nothing too simple to fix... he broke something that will take some work and money to replace.

Comment

is it burning oil real bad? any other details you can give us. like deev said, dont expect to have it be a small cheap fix. 125hp shot on an untuned H22 and then you have low compression afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote.
            Jesus Christ, I just deleted this quote from some noob already!

The movie is old. It is not funny. Either help, or get the fuck out.
            You just flamed. Ban yourself.

Anyways, for all you noobs out there, 125 shot on a stock motor aint shit. Seriously. I know plenty that have run more for years. Do it right and you won't have problems.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Not a flame. Tactical leadership.

And 125 on a 10-15 year old 10.0:1 or 10.6:1 H22 is bad news unless the person doing it REALLY knows what they're doing (ensuring proper fueling, ensuring that the motor is healthy, not abusing it...)

Most idiots will blast a 100 shot on 87 octane and redline it... and wonder why they blew their motor. Those that get away with big shots know what they're doing. Those that get away with big shots aren't the type to "accidentally" use a larger jet than intended.

Not calling Mr Jenkins here an idiot... but the circumstances surrounding the damage suggest that perhaps he and his buddies aren't exactly the most knowledgeable about the power adder that they were using.

Comment

Who shit in your cheerios deev?
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  Who shit in your cheerios deev?
                  I haven't eaten yet today... Cheerios would be nice (sans shit, preferably!) I get grumpy when I don't eat!

Plus, about 45 seconds passed since I deleted the exact same post from someone else... That's my way of saying "repost"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    Not a flame. Tactical leadership.

And 125 on a 10-15 year old 10.0:1 or 10.6:1 H22 is bad news unless the person doing it REALLY knows what they're doing (ensuring proper fueling, ensuring that the motor is healthy, not abusing it...)

Most idiots will blast a 100 shot on 87 octane and redline it... and wonder why they blew their motor. Those that get away with big shots know what they're doing. Those that get away with big shots aren't the type to "accidentally" use a larger jet than intended.

Not calling Mr Jenkins here an idiot... but the circumstances surrounding the damage suggest that perhaps he and his buddies aren't exactly the most knowledgeable about the power adder that they were using.
                    Under those circumstances, even a 50 shot is too big.

The age of the motor doesn't have much to do with it's health, btw. I've personally tested a few obd1 h22's that have nearly as much compression as my 11:1 motor. THen I've tested a few obd2 motors that have less than 200 in each cylinder.

And you don't REALLY have to know what you're doing. Just some simple common sense and reading a few write ups should be enough.

Oh, and H22's are far from being high compression.

Next time you or your mods see someone telling another member to fuck off in the noob section, remember to not ban them. Unless of course, you're taking the "this isn't a democracy" thing to the max and not applying yourself to the rules. I'm sure if it would have been someone like quickangel telling a noob to fuck off you wouldn't have thought twice on banning.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

The age of the motor doesn't have much to do with it's health, btw. I've personally tested a few obd1 h22's that have nearly as much compression as my 11:1 motor. THen I've tested a few obd2 motors that have less than 200 in each cylinder.

And you don't REALLY have to know what you're doing. Just some simple common sense and reading a few write ups should be enough.

but think about it. the main point was that he has no compression on a motor that he just ACCIDENTALLY, not purposely, but ACCIDENTLY sprayed a 125 shot on. now do you think a motor that hasnt been tuned or even set up for that kind of shot would do well afterward?

even people who run 50 shots have taken the proper steps to ensure the motor doesnt go on them. and those people who have run bigger shots than that have a motor thats either built or know what their doing, right? not someone who put a 125 shot on by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

Next time you or your mods see someone telling another member to fuck off in the noob section, remember to not ban them. Unless of course, you're taking the "this isn't a democracy" thing to the max and not applying yourself to the rules. I'm sure if it would have been someone like quickangel telling a noob to fuck off you wouldn't have thought twice on banning.
                        Eh, seals and such wear with age. Given the same level of maintenance, the newer motor SHOULD be able to take more abuse. How well it was maintained is a HUGE factor in it, though.

If you read enough, you DO know what you are doing. Most of the time, people don't read. You know that as much as anyone!

And you're absolutely right. Post (and offending post) deleted. I only said to help or don't bother posting, but I guess my method was a bit harsh. I didn't tell anyone to fuck off... just demanding a contribution to the discussion, not "wut he sed... oh, and i have this 'clever' quote from a horrible movie to share too!"

Comment

A 50 shot should be done on a healthy motor. Anything bigger on an H22 (not a high compression motor, but not low compression either) should at least have steps to ensure:

1) a properly functioning fueling system
                          2) the appropriate spark plus for the application
                          3) a properly functioning and properly jetted nitrous system
                          4) a healthy motor
                          5) careful operation of the motor (bouncing off of the rev limiter while juicing is idiotic... especially if it's a fuel cut!)

Comment

i say the rings.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Until he pulls it apart, we really can't say what it is. It could be bad rings. a blown ringland. burned exhaust valves. even a blown head gasket. The amount of info provided is limited. All we know is that the compression is low, and he overjuiced it.

1) what octane fuel was used?
                              2) was a compression test done before using the nitrous?
                              3) what RPM was the motor at when the damage occurred?
                              4) was this a single fogger kit? Wet or dry? A 125 dry shot could be much more detrimental than a 125 wet shot... though 125 is pretty big for a single fogger regardless.. which leads me to the last question:
                              5) which cylinder, or cylinders, are bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X