Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bent Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent Frame

Last year I hit a curb that was completely burried under snow (I live in Edmonton) goin about 30mph, and I apparently bent my frame. The car pulls slightly to the right. I want to get it fixed and I was just wondering about how much you guys think it would cost, and if its even worth getting fixed. I want to get new wheels, and I dont like the fact that my tires dont wear down properly with my frame being bent.

You hurt your suspension, not your frame. Get it fixed IMMEDIATELY. And don't ask us, since all honest shops give free estimates!

You're probably looking at $500 at least, but you must fix this (at least get it diagnosed) or your wheel might fall off.

You bend your frame by hitting a wall or another vehicle. An impact on the wheel won't bend the frame.

Comment

well I got an alignment done like the day after it happened. And this happened over a year ago, so I know my wheel is not going to fall off at this point. I'll bring it in somewhere to get my suspension fixed though. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I also hit the curve

here is my post
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=135160

i had to replace Radius Rod, Lower Control Arm, Caliper, and Rotor

I also went and replace lower ball joint and upper control arm for precaution

I'm not done yet but make sure you get an alignment afterward

Comment

Did it still pull right just after the alignment? The hub tends to fail gradually so it could still fail anytime. Especially if it makes noise when you jack that wheel up and spin it in neutral.

If it's gotten worse since the alignment, you definitely know something is breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Potatoswatter View Post
            Did it still pull right just after the alignment? The hub tends to fail gradually so it could still fail anytime. Especially if it makes noise when you jack that wheel up and spin it in neutral.

If it's gotten worse since the alignment, you definitely know something is breaking.
            It hasn't gotten worse. It still pulled right just after the alignment. Sometime in the next couple days I will jack it up and spin it in neutral to see if it makes noise or not. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
              I also hit the curve

here is my post
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=135160

i had to replace Radius Rod, Lower Control Arm, Caliper, and Rotor

I also went and replace lower ball joint and upper control arm for precaution

I'm not done yet but make sure you get an alignment afterward
              oof....yours is a little worse than mine. Mine has no visible damage at this point. All I replaced at the time was the wheel and the tire, and got the aligment done. Mine just pulls a little bit to the right and I want to get it fixed because I want to get some new wheels, and I don't like the fact that my tire does not wear down properly.

Comment

Originally posted by capo_status View Post
                It hasn't gotten worse. It still pulled right just after the alignment. Sometime in the next couple days I will jack it up and spin it in neutral to see if it makes noise or not. Thanks for the advice.
                Then, they didn't do an alignment . On the other hand, especially at low speed, the car seems to pull right because of the road crown. Last time I got an alignment I told them it was pulling right, and then they told me it was straight to begin with. They also explained that a "straight" alignment actually pulls left slightly, because on a crowned road you tend to drift right.

Back on the first hand, some of the pieces Xclusive mentioned aren't easily visible either. If the garage just sold you a wheel and an alignment after a curb impact, I would never go back there. If the impact bent/cracked your wheel, it should have also messed up your hub at least… my 8 mph curb impact in my Mazda "only" meant a new hub.
                Last edited by Potatoswatter; 06-22-2009, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Potatoswatter View Post
                  Then, they didn't do an alignment . On the other hand, especially at low speed, the car seems to pull right because of the road crown. Last time I got an alignment I told them it was pulling right, and then they told me it was straight to begin with. They also explained that a "straight" alignment actually pulls left slightly, because on a crowned road you tend to drift right.

Back on the first hand, some of the pieces Xclusive mentioned aren't easily visible either. If the garage just sold you a wheel and an alignment after a curb impact, I would never go back there. If the impact bent/cracked your wheel, it should have also messed up your hub at least… my 8 mph curb impact in my Mazda "only" meant a new hub.
                  funny thing is my hub is fine.... Everything else is not

Oh i hit the curb like 30-45mph in the rain

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
                    funny thing is my hub is fine.... Everything else is not

Oh i hit the curb like 30-45mph in the rain
                    Yeah, well I was in a Mazda, and it was a low speed impact directly sideways sliding across ice.

Comment

Working...
                    X