Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil Pan Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pan Gasket

I think my oil pan is leaking around the seal. I am looking at my Haynes Manual and it looks straight forward for the most part. But they Mention removing the oil pick-up tube. Do I really need to remove this just to replace the gasket?

i didn't. but ur gonna have to pull the motor up just a lil bit or remove the crossmember to get the oil pan completly out. you don't HAVE to pull the pan out but good idea to wipe it down clean and remove any trash that may be hiding in there.

the rebuild!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

No you don't need to remove the oil pickup tube for this.

Use the search key on oil pan and look at the most recent results, there was a thread just 2 days ago on this with detailed procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
        No you don't need to remove the oil pickup tube for this.

Use the search key on oil pan and look at the most recent results, there was a thread just 2 days ago on this with detailed procedure.
        Thanks for the info I did find the post!

@chillin943 the Haynes Manual said to remove the cross member and I have a feeling like this is going to be a real bitch since I live in Ohio where the use lots of road salt.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanlives View Post

@chillin943 the Haynes Manual said to remove the cross member and I have a feeling like this is going to be a real bitch since I live in Ohio where the use lots of road salt.

Thanks for the info!
          yea, PB blast the shit out of it, and let it soak overnight and spray it again in the morning. or pull the bolt out the drivers side mount, unscrew the tranny mount (DON'T take the nuts off the long threaded bolts just loosen them and, undo the front mount. and lift the motor up a bit. the pan should slide out. BUT DON'T FORCE IT OUT. you could bend it. and then this whole process would be pointless. good luck homes!

ironic ive NEVER owned a haynes manual.

the rebuild!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=oil+pan

Case Closed

Power of search in DIY section

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanlives View Post

Thanks for the info!
              I live in MA where there's lots of road salt too but I didn't have a problem with the crossmember. Just that the bolts were killingly tight so I had to use my big 4' long steel pipe over my breaker bar to break them free.

Comment

glad you got it fixed
                ** BUY MY STUFF **

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                  I live in MA where there's lots of road salt too but I didn't have a problem with the crossmember. Just that the bolts were killingly tight so I had to use my big 4' long steel pipe over my breaker bar to break them free.
                  leave the crossmember off for the next time

Comment

Originally posted by SEXXIILADY712 View Post
                    not sure that's safe. i mean it is on there for a reason

the rebuild!

Comment

Originally posted by SEXXIILADY712 View Post
                      It's off for now, hanging from a hook on my side porch where I hung it to dry after cleaning it off.

I'll put it back on when I get around to it, but it's definitely not a top priority right now.

Originally posted by chillin943 View Post
                      not sure that's safe. i mean it is on there for a reason

My understanding is that it's safe to drive without it, primarily it prevents the engine from dropping out if the motor mounts completely blow out and also it has a nice tow hook on it. But it's not essential for the frame or safety or anything. But I will put it back on when more important things are done and I have time.

Comment

hehe im changing my oil pan gasket as we speak. remember that stupid torque converter plate has to be removed to take down the oil pan. but man i coiuldnt put it back on, so i grinded it down and put it back on lol.

I used a new honda gasket and some black gasket sealer.

Im doing the valve cover gasket as well.

Overall its straight forward. easier to take it apart than put it back together. Clean the surfaces before you put it back together so that the seal and the gasket sealer will bond nicely.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                        X