Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuel Tank, How to wash it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank, How to wash it?

Been searching about this, but options of getting cleaning products down here are... none.
    Any way of doing it myself, I know there's a drain plug and, what else can I do?

Thanks for ur time!!!!
    Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Gas is a solvent, so i doubt its dirty.
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      Gas is a solvent, so i doubt its dirty.
      Could always wash it out with more gas
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

are you cleaning it because there is gunk in there or just cause?

this would help with the answer. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I would put good money that its pretty clean in there. does anyone know if our fuel pumps have a sock on them?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I'm cleaning it because I already check an amount os things and my car keeps lossing power, recently I changed the fuel filter and gas in there came out really dirty, was like watching coke with some water, was really messed up.
            Colombian CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Isdoyra View Post
              I'm cleaning it because I already check an amount os things and my car keeps lossing power, recently I changed the fuel filter and gas in there came out really dirty, was like watching coke with some water, was really messed up.
              Well thats what happens when the fuel filter is old. Have you tried a full tune up yet. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, oil change, etc.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Isdoyra View Post
                that could be because the gas was coming out of the inlet side where it had connected. it might be a better chance of your fuel pump going out.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Well thats what happens when the fuel filter is old. Have you tried a full tune up yet. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, oil change, etc.
                  Yup, did it a month ago.

But problems start after a emergency refilled in an non-prestigious gas station where people say gas comes with water and dirt.
                  So I guess that gas left some dirt in the tank and besides that i gotta change my fuel filert again.

Only thing I haven't done yet is injector cleaning, for the rest I even change all hoses and clean IM.
                  Colombian CB7

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                    that could be because the gas was coming out of the inlet side where it had connected. it might be a better chance of your fuel pump going out.
                    mmm , haven't check that out, but in low RPMs the car sits smoth and doesn't choke, it only happens when I hit the accelerator between 2000 and 3300 rpms
                    Colombian CB7

Comment

I'm gonna open the drain bolt and check how dirty gas comes out.

Thanks for the help!
                      Colombian CB7

Comment

^^^ I would start on that too
                        Auto Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning and Detail Tampa

Comment

youd be surprised... its probably extremely clean in there. and youll find that the little bit of "dirt" will probaly be just a few flakes of whatever floating around in there... but they get stopped before the filter anyway.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

do be carefull, have something to catch that in or another solvent to dissolve the gas...remember it's not the liquid gas that burns it's the fumes...and those fumes can TRAVEL!!! VERY long distances.

Your options also depend on if you take the tank off. You could swish some gas around, small amount, then dump that out. But sounds like it's staying on the car. Guess you could drain this stuff out, put a little in...rock the car by hand, drain...until it is cleaner. IF it comes out filthy this first time.

Put a new gas filter on, fill 1/2 or 1/4 of the way, drive around crazy, change filter...drive again...change filter good to go. And new pump after all that too.

But I agree with mike...maybe change the filter more frequently.
                            ____

Comment

Colombian CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X