Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM Fenders

I bought a JDM Fenders today, I need help on how to or what tools do i need to paint them. Please give me a step by step procedure thanks....

Are JDM fenders different from USDM fenders?

You're basically asking for a step by step guide on how to paint a car. If it was that easy, we wouldn't have a need for shops to paint for you!

If you want to learn how to PROPERLY paint something... I suggest going out and buying a book. I wouldn't trust even a knowledgeable member on a forum to be able to give you a thorough lesson.

Colormatching old stock paint is going to be difficult. Your best option is to install them and get the entire car painted.

Comment

thats tru....just paint the car the same color or a different color, but that color matching thing is maaaad difficult, i tried it before and i ended up giving up

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

I got my car painted for that reason... cheaper than color-matching my hood.

Comment

jdm fenders bring the JDM molding of whatever year it is, and the hole already cut, for the sidemarkers

Comment

Originally posted by SEXXIILADY712 View Post
            jdm fenders bring the JDM molding of whatever year it is, and the hole already cut, for the sidemarkers
            Ah, makes sense.

Comment

^^^^^

Comment

save yourself from a massive color-matching headache hassle, and paint the entire car - after their installed

Comment

if u get some one who knows how to paint color matching is not hard. ive never had a problem color matching.
                  AYALA

Comment

It should be easy to match the paint if your no somebody in your town that paints good in texas there are a lot of places
                    F22BDOHC JDM

Comment

theres no need to paint the entire car just to color match some fenders, i do recommend that you at least blend into the hood doors and bumper if u attempt this. Since u do not have any experience doing this i dont kno how well it would work out for u. If you want to try it the best thing i can tell you is to sand down the fenders, lightly scuff the hood the top of the bumper should b sufficient and the doors scuff them with a grey scratch pad from a local paint store, get your color for your car, paint the entire fenders, ON THE CAR, dust paint onto the doors hood and bumper you dont need to dump basecoat on the entire blend panels though, just make sure you achieve a good blend and you dont see a line where you stopped(you'll b able to tell) after you get the basecoat laid down clearcoat everywhere that u just painted, i guess you can say everything you didnt have masked up.....that in a nutshell is the proper way to color match, you will almost never get a perfect match from panel painting.
                      ps i take no responsibility if you mess up your car from this, this is just how it should b done if you wanna do it go for it thats how i learned but just remember sometimes in an attempt to save money you end up spending much more
                      -I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it

Comment

Sand Paper?

Thanks for the message men. But may i know the number of Sand paper to use before using the primer? Thanks again....

Comment

Originally posted by ChampionPanda View Post
                          theres no need to paint the entire car just to color match some fenders, i do recommend that you at least blend into the hood doors and bumper if u attempt this. Since u do not have any experience doing this i dont kno how well it would work out for u. If you want to try it the best thing i can tell you is to sand down the fenders, lightly scuff the hood the top of the bumper should b sufficient and the doors scuff them with a grey scratch pad from a local paint store, get your color for your car, paint the entire fenders, ON THE CAR, dust paint onto the doors hood and bumper you dont need to dump basecoat on the entire blend panels though, just make sure you achieve a good blend and you dont see a line where you stopped(you'll b able to tell) after you get the basecoat laid down clearcoat everywhere that u just painted, i guess you can say everything you didnt have masked up.....that in a nutshell is the proper way to color match, you will almost never get a perfect match from panel painting.
                          ps i take no responsibility if you mess up your car from this, this is just how it should b done if you wanna do it go for it thats how i learned but just remember sometimes in an attempt to save money you end up spending much more
                          That's true... and if he does screw it up, THEN he can get the whole car painted!

We need you around here more, Russ. We don't have all that many knowledgeable paint and body guys.

Comment

paint matching is not anything you want to deal with trust me

Comment

Working...
                            X