Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay springs- quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay springs- quality?

ive been trying to do my research on this site and everyones told me to lower my car. i know i need struts and springs and i found these coilovers on ebay. are they a good buy? will they lower the car (and by how much)? will i need anything else to lower my car?

thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...=p4506.c0.m245

these too
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...=p4506.c0.m245

Comment

you get what u pay for

Comment

dont buy them, no name ebay springs suck. imagine bottoming out when u think too hard in ur car

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Yes they will lower your car. No they will not ride good. No they are not a good buy. If you just want to lower your car for the time being then yeah they'll suffice. Me personally, i've never lowered a car so I have no first hand experience with it. But i've read enough and EVERYONE says that they suck. It WILL lower your car but from what i've seen/read so far you should just save your money and buy some reputable shit.

Comment

will do thanks guys

Comment

"eBay " parts are like the dollar store. Are u willing to put cheap things on your car?

Hells no I won't .

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

haven't had any problems with my no-name chinese springs/sleeves. car is extremely stable at any speed. when taking turns feels like it is glued to the road. it is the same stuff you get for 7x the cost except different color

Comment

i bout on ebay my lowering springs: Sprint Spring for $180 and they work fine on my accord

its just that i need the shocks to go with it?
                  I found KYB shocks (struts) but they seem a lil expensive, is it worth the money? :

Comment

i will guarantee you that if u buy those coilovers and u try to take a cloverleaf at 45 your car WILL bottom out

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                    And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                      haven't had any problems with my no-name chinese springs/sleeves. car is extremely stable at any speed. when taking turns feels like it is glued to the road. it is the same stuff you get for 7x the cost except different color
                      they are not the same thing....i highly doubt skunk2 or eibach send these chinese companies springs and let them sell them for 1/10 the cost and let them paint them a different color.

My Members Ride Thread
                      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

how about the brakles they sell? i saw pads and rotors

Comment

again, you get what you pay for.

check out www.tasauto.com they're a board sponsor and sell nothing but accord stuff.

My Members Ride Thread
                          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by project-CB7 View Post
                            i bout on ebay my lowering springs: Sprint Spring for $180 and they work fine on my accord

its just that i need the shocks to go with it?
                            I found KYB shocks (struts) but they seem a lil expensive, is it worth the money? :
                            That's the thing. Ebay is not a parts manufacturer. "Ebay" springs can be cheap, low-quality crap that can put your life at risk, or they can be quality components. Sprint springs are not a no-name brand. Sprint makes good products.

KYB GR2s are stock replacement, and they are about as cheap as you're going to get for shocks that will withstand a drop for any reasonable amount of time. KYB AGX are a bit more performance oriented, but any drop more than 1.5" voids their warranty. They tend to make any drop a bit higher than it should be, and I've known them to blow out more easily than other performance shocks (I blew one myself on a pothole... it was a wicked pothole, though...)

Koni Yellows (also known as Koni Sports) are the ones to get. Seriously. They are NOT cheap, but for what they are, and what they can do, they are worth every penny. Not to mention they are made for heavily modified cars, and they have a lifetime warranty. Blow one, send it back, get a new one.
                            I have Konis in my car now, and I will NEVER get anything else.

Comment

i seen those konis and they look nice, that looks like a good birthday present to myself...3 years from now

Comment

Working...
                              X