Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help plz.... smoke at high rpm... kinda stuck what the prob is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help plz.... smoke at high rpm... kinda stuck what the prob is

hey gyz. i havnt been on in a while. havnt even tagged my cb yet... i been workin on my cb 2 get it on the road and replaced a few parts on it. i was running the car in my drive way and push it 2 almost 2 red line.. looked in the rear view n saw a cloud of smoke. it starts at about 4k and turns into a smoke screen past 5500k i pulled the spark plugs and the were all covered in oil. standing in front of the car from left 2 right plug 3 looked like it was siiting inthe oil pan. i added some think engin restore stuff forgot name now but the auto store guy said try that. and nothing. checked the dip stick and there was no white stuff on it. so im wonderin what do u think this could be? im thinkin rings but damn all 4 cylinders???

thanx for yr help

depends on what color smoke
    white is burning oil
    blue is piston rings
    and black is fuel

if im wrong please correct me...

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
      depends on what color smoke
      white is burning oil
      blue is piston rings
      and black is fuel

if im wrong please correct me...
      you're wrong.

white is coolant
      blue is oil
      black is fuel

Comment

okay right on for correcting me atleast i got one right ha

Comment

well its looks blue but kinda white 2. im not really sure cuz its not str8 blue or white at least 2 me. ummm i will try n get a pic of it i guess. but the car runs fine other than that. i was doin an 80mph run wit my buddy behind me and he said there was alot of smoke. but i didnt see any. his wa at night

Comment

brand
            nice ride i wish my cb was white

Comment

yea its a blue tint of smoke...just some piston rings...how many miles do you have? and thakns alot

Comment

150k but i can see from te yellow writing on the engine that its not the original engine that came wit that car. so i guess i dont know. and there are unbelievable amounts of build up on the lower part of the engine. i wanted 2 do a swap. just not yet

Comment

sounds like the piston rings...not a huge problem...your better off getting another engine. because putting the piston rings in is a pain in the ass

Comment

well new engin it is. but i alwayz wondered so i guess ill be searching 4 a while. if its better 2 boost n f22 or an h22. now alot of ppl say f is better but alot of ppl boost h's as well and i feel the h is a lil ahead of the game startin at 200hp vs the 125 in the lx. well i thank u for yr help

Comment

no problem..ive heard alot of people say that the f motor is stronger but the h motor is faster...either way its a honda motor and it will last for ever lol

Comment

lol funny say that cuz i feel like mine is diein on me

Comment

ehh maybe not the motor just the parts on the car....i have 300k on mine and its still going strong

Comment

Mine does it 2. 231,000 miles and when it get into it, (high RPMs) poof,,, SMOKE! I feel like Spyhunter but then i realize ive got a motor with alot of miles and i feel like a jackass for not rebuilding my motor. I always thought the valve seals among everything else were worn out. p.s. I still havent done anything about it and I still feel like a jackass. p.s.s. Low compression motors can handle a turbo easier than high compression motors unless blueprinted and built right depending on the amount of boost you plan on pushing. "Mathematics my dear Watson". Too bad im bad at math.
                            Last edited by 9DUBWISE; 08-11-2009, 11:47 PM.
                            http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

haha yea my car smokes black like crazy..dam injectors...but it is nice for when a car or bike is riding your ass...down shift and blow smoke all over them haha...

Comment

Working...
                              X