Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1500 for build need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1500 for build need help

i need to make my cb7 dependable does any one know about how much it would cost me to replace my brake drums with rotors including all parts needed for swap seconed how long and how much would it cost me to have everything cleaned and resealed im gettin a new exhaust from headers to tip but i dont want to swap until this motor blows im at 425K, this is all i can think of but im surfe i will have more questions about what to do when i get answers and by the way im a total newb that wants to learn as much as he can so any help is appreciated

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
    91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
    funds for swap:$000.00
    Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
    Traded with: Wed3k

For the rear disc swap you just need the knuckle (entire assemble including trailing arm) off of an Accord with rear disc. The price depends on where you get it from. If they are in good condition then it will not need any new parts. As for the motor a rebuild kit runs around 700 I think not to sure. But you also have to factor in the machine shope bill which would prob be aound 250-300.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

so i could just get the knuckle from the junkyard and upgrade the rotors

Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33

Comment

No need to upgrade really, just some new rotors and some good pads will be fine.

"The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

so i have a chilton manual do you think i could do the cleaning and resealing myself? when cleaning what should i do, remember im a newb or would you reccomend me to take it to a shop??

Comment

Take the block, rods, crank, head, and intake to the machine shop to be cleaned. Cleaning is usually around 50, but they charge you for disassembling the head.

"The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

do you think i could do the disassembly safely by my self or should i have the shop do it

Comment

how we do it at the shop and is very quick is use a socket the same size as the retainer and hit the socket with a hammer.

you should be able to get everything apart in 5 minutes.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

sweet thanks i eventually want to go turbo but not wanting a lot of boost just enough to get up and go on the highway what should i do to prepare for it

Comment

it's all in the clearances.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      it's all in the clearances.
                      what do you mean by clearances

Comment

and what would new fuel rails do

Comment

bearing clearance, piston to cylinder wall, valve to valve guide etc...

you only have one fuel rail. an aftermarket one will allow you to adapt a fuel guage and also support higher flowing injectors. for low boost, you can get away with stock and DSM 450cc's injectors.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

where could i get those 450's so far i have only fond 550's

Comment

sometimes a junkyard will have turbo cars...talon, laser, eclipse.

ebay has the 450's for sure.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X